(it takes about 10 seconds for the video to begin, I'm still looking for a better video, if you know where I could get it please post a comment as to where it is, thanks!)
Why is it ok for the media, such as John Whiteside at Blue Bayou on the Chron.com website, to post and say hateful and bigoted remarks about Christianity, but when it's anti-Semitic or racist a huge firestorm erupts.
Please explain this to me. The Mainstream Media (MSM) has a double standard that it's ok to say hateful and bigoted remarks about Christianity, but it's off limits for everything else. This has to be addressed so as to reveal the hostility that people like Katie Couric, Rosie O'Donnel, Barbara Walters, and the rest of the MSM talking heads are bigots.
For the original from Hot Air click here.
For the previous posting on this topic click here.
To read why John Whiteside contributes to anti-Christianit bigotry click here.
The New York Times tries to defend these bigoted bloggers, for the story click here.
For some background on the two anti-Christian bloggers on John Edwards presidential campaign see below.
I have some qualms with O'Reilly but thank God he took this Jane girl to task. She even has the audacity to claim she is a Catholic yet then she supports the terrible things those bloggers would say about the Virgin Mary. It is downright tragic to see a young "Catholic" lady who will not say one word to defend the Blessed Mother.
On a happier note...
I noticed your poll regarding giving your blog a new look, this is a wonderful idea...a nice picture on top, check out the formats of these blogs for inspiration...
Personaly I lean to middle-ages style art, especailly stuff with King Saint Louis.
Anyway I know you are a busy guy, do as you will, but the trifecta of going for a new blog design, the starting date of lent, and the annoucment of a new addition to the Cvstos Fidei writing staff specailizing in historical themed postings (hint hint) might make for a good trifectia!
Lemme know wht u think sir!
The Marcotte issue is dead, we all know why it's ok to bash Christians: because they hate us. Oh well. I won't let those types steal my joy. Let them hate us. It's like the Da Vinci Code controversy: I've never had so many great evangelization opportunities as when that movie was out. I kinda miss it.
Now, about Wordpress: I think Wordpress definitely looks nicer than Blogspot. I opened a Wordpress blog, though I don't often post on it. One thing about Wordpress, though, is that it's not half as customizable as Blogspot.
You should definitely grab custosfidei on Wordpress and give it a try, it's free, afterall!
You asked a question "Why is it ok for the media...etc," I think I have a good answer. Its the same reason we christians (as a majority) keep electing horrible candidates to office. We refuse to stand up for ourselves and do what should be done. In this case complain "en masse" and as loudly as we can. Complacency is running rampant.
Get my CVSTOS FIDEI blog posts feed
Personal News Links
Houston Catholic Schools
Houston Catholic Links
- Mass Times for Galveston-Houston
- Knights of Columbus of Texas
- Archdiocese Office of Vocations
- Veritas Catholic Books & Gifts
- Life Advocates
- Pope John Paul II FORUM
- Opus Dei - Chaucer Center
- Fullnes of Truth
- Paradisus Dei
- Galveston-Houston Archdiocese
- Houston Coalition for Life
- Catholic Counseling & Psychotherapy
- Fidelis Graphics
Houston Catholic Blogs
Houston Secular Links
Catholic News Aggregators
Catholic Online Bibles
Anglican Ordinariate Blogs
- ► 2011 (17)
- ► 2010 (89)
- ► 2009 (100)
- ► 2008 (258)
- 2007 Stigmata Watch of Brother Elia
- Motu Proprio Grapevine
- 2007 Oscar Winners & Reviews
- The Failure of Modernism
- The Catholic Church is Not a Social Agency
- 2007 Houston's Coalition for Life Benefit
- Non-Viable Baby Girl Still Lives
- Changes at CF for Lent and Beyond
- Vendredi Gras! Sweep the Leg Johnny.
- The Fruits of Archbishop Fiorenza
- MSM Double Standard on Christianity
- New French Anti-Tank Weapon
- My Votes for the 2007 Catholic Blog Awards
- The Education of Bigots
- The Ignorance of John Whiteside
- Reconstructing the Temple in the 21st Century
- ▼ February (16)
- ► 2006 (546)
Books I Recommend
- The Imitation of Christ by Thomas À Kempis
- Without Roots: The West, Relativism, Christianity, Islam by Pope Benedict XVI & Marcello Pera; Forward by George Weigel, Translated by Michael F. Moore
- Triumph - The Power and the Glory of the Catholic Church, a 2000 Year History by H.W. Crocker, III
- Witness To Hope, The Biography of Pope John Paul II by George Weigel
- Uncommon Faith by John F. Coverdale
- Holy Bible
- A History of Christendom Vols. 1, 2, & 4 by Warren H. Carroll
- Understanding Medjugorje: Heavenly Visions or Religious Illusion? by Donal Anthony Foley
- The Courage to be Catholic by George Weigel
- God's Choice by George Weigel
- Clash of Civilizations by Samuel P. Huntington
- Fr. Tim Finigan
- Richard Collins
- Pro Ecclesia by Jay Anderson
- Father Philip Neri Powell, OP
- Jennifer Fulwiler
- Thomas Peters
- Acts of the Apostasy
- DarwinCatholic - ΙΧΘΥƩ
- Thoughts of a Regular Guy
- A Catholic Mom in Hawaii
- The Curt Jester by Jeff Miller
- The New Liturgical Movement
- Catholic World Report
- Monsignor Charles Pope
- Creative Minority Report
- Mark Shea
- Catholic Blog Directory
- Stand Up and Speak Out
- L.A. Catholic
- Quotes for You
- WI Catholic Musings
- Man with Black Hat
- A Catholic Life
- Adriennes Catholic Corner
- Reflections of a Paralytic
- The Crescat
- Jean Heimann's Catholic Fire
- Dale Price
Catholic Media Links
- Catechism of the Cthlc Church
- Catholics Come Home
- The Holy See - The Vatican
- Courage, SSA apostolate
- St. Paul Cntr: Biblical Theology
- Compendium of the C.C.C.
- Catholic Store Finder
- Institute of Christ the King
- Latin Mass Tutorial
- Musica Sacra
- Clear Creek Monastery
- Nat'l Black Catholic Congress
- Catholic Answers
- Canon Law with Dr. Ed Peters
- Catholic Desktops
- Pope Benedict XVI Fan Club
- Opus Dei
- The Saint Joseph Foundation