I'd like to get on my soapbox and say that we need to learn our history. Before the liberals revise it to promote their decrepit movement.
Walter Duranty is a sad and pathetic man and the New York Times continues to split hairs and ignore this blatant fact. I used to read the New York Times daily, in fact it was my favorite paper for many years. When I began to be more knowledgeable of facts and current events, ie, doing my own research, listening to talk radio, the internet, and thank goodness, Fox News. I began to notice the liberal leanings of many MSM (mainstream media outlets). This eventually brought a difficult but correct decision of abstaining from reading the New York Times because of their hypocritical news coverage and outrageous promotion of the liberal agenda despite the opposing facts undermining many liberal movements.
For the New York Times 'view' of Walter Duranty today click here.
For more 'balanced' and 'discretionary' evidence of the New York Times reporting click here.
". . .is a call to bear witness to ecclesial communion and to rediscover ones membership in the church, because whatever breaks and weakens that union is no good and comes from the evil one. . ."For more click here.
For more clickhere.For more on Thompson's clever breakout click here.
"Founded under the title Collegium Cultorum Martyrum, in 1879, the Pontifical Academy of Devotion to Martyrs promotes devotion to them, enhances and deepens the exact history of the witnesses of the faith, and monuments related to them, from the first centuries of Christianity."The more I learn of my Faith, the more reverence I gain for the Eucharist, the early Church, and the teachings of our Faith. It truly is an amazing story of how one Man died for our sins then three days later was resurrected. From this one moment in history, a tiny Jewish sect grew, under persecution, to be the largest faith on this planet. I digress with my abuse of poetic license. For more click here.
"The secret of happiness is docility to God and generosity to the needy, says Benedict..."That statement summarizes this Psalm to it's bare essence. Docility to God and generosity to the needy. Please pray for me as I embrace this Psalm and put my thoughts into action to help the needy with my obedience to God in my new business endeavor that I blogged about earlier this week. For more on the Pope's reference to this Psalm, click here.
I myself come from a semi-large family, but my extended family (only 1st cousins counted) on my mothers side is 75 strong! My grandparents had 12 children and their offspring have brought a blessed number of cousins that I cherish very much. I can only hope that when my time comes that I too will have the ability to support a large family as well! For the article click here and here.
"...the centrality of the family, the foundational cell of society and the first place where life is welcomed and served..."
"The church, under the papacy of Benedict XVI, will likely refuse to support and maintain ties with institutions that have weakened or lost their Catholic identity..."That would be good first step in the ongoing Crisis of Faith that is occurring at Loretto High School. This Crisis of Faith is in reference to the expulsion of 15 year old Katelyn Sills from an all girls Catholic high school in northern California. Katelyn was expelled because her mother (Wynette Sills) notified Bishop Weigand, prelate of the diocese where the school is located, about a drama teacher (Marie Bain) who is an active volunteer for Planned Parenthood. After quietly and discreetly notifying Loretto High School in which they demurred to follow any action, Mrs. Sills took the next correct step in notifying the Bishop. Bishop Weigand responded appropriately and requested the dismissal of drama teacher Marie Bain. Bishop Weigand had to force his hand in order to make Loretto High School comply with the Teachings of Jesus Christ when the school authorities continued to adhere to heresy in continuing employment of a anti-Catholic teacher. Lorreto High School, in my opinion, should be immediately stripped of the title of Catholic high school since they are showing due belligerence and malice to those that actually practive their faith correctly. Shame on the administration of Lorreto High School for retaliating against Wynette Sills by expelling her daughter, Katelyn Sills. Pope Benedict XVI should begin with Loretto High School by requiring Loretto in correcting their errors, or stripping them of the name Catholic. For more on Pope Benedict XVI views on wayward Catholic institutions such as Loretto, click here. For the blog of Katelyn Sills and continuous updates on her expulsion and Loretto actions, click here.
Get my CVSTOS FIDEI blog posts feed
Personal News Links
Houston Catholic Schools
Houston Catholic Links
- Mass Times for Galveston-Houston
- Knights of Columbus of Texas
- Archdiocese Office of Vocations
- Veritas Catholic Books & Gifts
- Life Advocates
- Pope John Paul II FORUM
- Opus Dei - Chaucer Center
- Fullnes of Truth
- Paradisus Dei
- Galveston-Houston Archdiocese
- Houston Coalition for Life
- Catholic Counseling & Psychotherapy
- Fidelis Graphics
Houston Catholic Blogs
Houston Secular Links
Catholic News Aggregators
Catholic Online Bibles
Anglican Ordinariate Blogs
- ► 2011 (17)
- ► 2010 (89)
- ► 2009 (100)
- ► 2008 (258)
- ► 2007 (348)
- ► 2006 (546)
- Wiggly Worm
- Watch Out ACLU
- Vatican Doc on Homosexuals in Seminaries
- New Vatican Doc Causes Riots
- The Quotable Chesterton
- Father Corapi On Living The Truth
- Educated Women Choose Religious Life
- Saint Gianna Berreta Molla
- Robert Bork: Slouching Towards Gomorrah
- Rise of the Theocons
- 50 Babies Survive Abortion Each Year (UK)
- The Democratic Party In Crisis
- Meme 'em and Tag 'em
- NY Times Anti-Catholic Past (and still today)
- Homosexuality Triggering HIV Escalation
- Mass Isn't For Entertainment
- Slippery Slope in Massachusetts
- Another Downside To Cohabitation
- 67th Lourdes Miracle Confirmed
- CVSTOS FIDEI...
- Houston Chronicle Promotes Homosexual Agenda
- Boycott Wal-Mart?
- Bear Witness To The Politically Correct
- A Brief History of Jihad
- Pope: Don't Water Down Teachings
- Traditional Marriage Amendment Passed By Texans!
- Chirac Moves Up on Anti-Christ Poll
- U.S. Cites Saudi Arabia On Repression Of Christian...
- Intifadah in France
- PROP 2: VOTE 'FOR'
- Thank You Mr. (Mrs.?) Robinson
- Abraham Foxman The Anti-Christian Bigot
- Abstinence Programs Work
- The Fall of France
- Homosexual Marriage Spurs Social Revolution in Can...
- Homosexual Bishop Slams Catholic Church
- Houston Fugitive Captured!
- Oldest Catholic Church Discovered in Israel
- Dawn of Eurabia
- Eucharist As The Strength Of Martyrs
- Top 10 (potential) Anti-Christs Of The 21st Centur...
- Abortions Across America
- Our City of Houston Government at Work
- Christians Disappearing In Palestine
- The 21st Century Anti-Christ?
- Psalm 111(112)
- Convert and Cradle Catholics
- Pope Praises LARGE Families!
- Remove 'Catholic' Identity From Loretto
- Muslims Riot All Over Europe
- Katelyn Sills Update
- Supreme Court Nominee Samuel Alito
- Anglican Schism Update: Global South Retorts
- Time Magazine's Homosexual Agenda
- Cardinal Arinze
- No Religious Freedom in Iraq
- 15 Year Old Katelyn Sills EXPELLED For Practicing ...
- CVSTOS FIDEI
- ▼ November (59)
Books I Recommend
- The Imitation of Christ by Thomas À Kempis
- Without Roots: The West, Relativism, Christianity, Islam by Pope Benedict XVI & Marcello Pera; Forward by George Weigel, Translated by Michael F. Moore
- Triumph - The Power and the Glory of the Catholic Church, a 2000 Year History by H.W. Crocker, III
- Witness To Hope, The Biography of Pope John Paul II by George Weigel
- Uncommon Faith by John F. Coverdale
- Holy Bible
- A History of Christendom Vols. 1, 2, & 4 by Warren H. Carroll
- Understanding Medjugorje: Heavenly Visions or Religious Illusion? by Donal Anthony Foley
- The Courage to be Catholic by George Weigel
- God's Choice by George Weigel
- Clash of Civilizations by Samuel P. Huntington
- Fr. Tim Finigan
- Richard Collins
- Pro Ecclesia by Jay Anderson
- Father Philip Neri Powell, OP
- Jennifer Fulwiler
- Thomas Peters
- Acts of the Apostasy
- DarwinCatholic - ΙΧΘΥƩ
- Thoughts of a Regular Guy
- A Catholic Mom in Hawaii
- The Curt Jester by Jeff Miller
- The New Liturgical Movement
- Catholic World Report
- Monsignor Charles Pope
- Creative Minority Report
- Mark Shea
- Catholic Blog Directory
- Stand Up and Speak Out
- L.A. Catholic
- Quotes for You
- WI Catholic Musings
- Man with Black Hat
- A Catholic Life
- Adriennes Catholic Corner
- Reflections of a Paralytic
- The Crescat
- Jean Heimann's Catholic Fire
- Dale Price
Catholic Media Links
- Catechism of the Cthlc Church
- Catholics Come Home
- The Holy See - The Vatican
- Courage, SSA apostolate
- St. Paul Cntr: Biblical Theology
- Compendium of the C.C.C.
- Catholic Store Finder
- Institute of Christ the King
- Latin Mass Tutorial
- Musica Sacra
- Clear Creek Monastery
- Nat'l Black Catholic Congress
- Catholic Answers
- Canon Law with Dr. Ed Peters
- Catholic Desktops
- Pope Benedict XVI Fan Club
- Opus Dei
- The Saint Joseph Foundation