"...to use nuclear weapon(s) against Israel, assuring them (the Iranian audience) that while such an attack would annihilate Israel, it would cost them (Iran) "damages only"."I posted on September 18 an earlier article titled the Face of Evil. I wasn't be melodramatic, I was pointing out the fact that this person epitomizes all that is evil in the world and is pushing us into a nuclear confrontation. For Iran's President Ahmadinejad statement calling for the destruction of Israel, click here. For the reaction from the West to Iran's call for Israel's destruction, click here. For Iran's Ayatollah Rafsanjani's statement on a nuclear exchange with Israel, click here. For my posting on President Ahmadinejad, click here.
"...the connection between the Minnesota Vikings' Love Boat cruise last week and the ongoing worship of self-obsession in American society."Mr. Morrisey quotes in his Captain's Quarters blog: What temples do secular societies build? Lately in America, cities and states have increasingly found themselves funding and building vast offerings to professional athletes and the games they play, even though the owners and participants of these games make enough money to house themselves quite handsomely. Why do communities foot the bill for this, and what does it say about the people who support the practice?" It is a very insightful analysis of where we as Americans place our values in. Is the Minnesota Vikings Sex Scandal a reflection of us as a people, or is it where we are heading? More more click here.
Above is a Nazi euthanasia propaganda poster: "One genetically defective patient costs the state 5.5 Reichsmarks per day. For 5.5 Reichsmarks a genetically healthy family can live for one day!"
"markedly worse homicide, mortality, STD, youth pregnancy, marital and related problems than the northeast where societal conditions, secularization, and acceptance of evolution approach European norms."That was a mouthful. Without fail the MSM picked up on this and proudly highlighted this insofar to even mention that religiosity is even dangerous. The study of course had many flaws and the main one being it selectively chose what to show and not show as far as stats. It failed to mention that since the 1960s and the 'If it feels good do it' generation came in and implemented abortion on demand, removing God from the public arena, and the promotion and glorification of perverse sexual practices, all these highlighted problems have gotten worse. There are many more instances of looking through the selective stats that you can paroose for yourself here.
"So you're nice about gays and Native Americans? Big deal. Anyone can be tolerant of the tolerant, but tolerance of intolerance gives an even more intense frisson of pleasure to the multicultural- masochists. And so Islamists who murder non-Muslims in pursuit of explicitly Islamic goals are airbrushed into vague, generic 'rebel forces.'"Michelle Malkin was a bit more blunt but to the point. In her column she calls it as she sees it and I can't agree more with how she portrays the MSM political correctness jihad against naming the enemy. Here Michelle Malkin states:
"Such is the attitude of the national media, which seems to believe that 'tis better to live in ignorance and indulge in hindsight later than to offend the gods of political correctness."Call a spade a spade and be fair not unequal when covering your stories. Nonetheless, thank goodness for the blogosphere or we'd still be listening to Dan Rather and 60 Minutes II. One example of the blogosphere revealing the truth is Kathy Shaidle of Relapsed Catholic. She blogged about the discontent in Russia by a famed author who has recognized how tolerance of the intolerant may ruin a Christian country such as Russia. This Russian author is in the similar mold as that Italian author Orriana Falluci and her books The Force of Reason and The Rage and the Pride.
In all fairness, Bishop Weigand has been criticized in the past for offering communion to the unCatholic former governor of California Gray Davis. So maybe his recent actions may be due from outside pressure or Bishop Weigand has grown a spine, or most probable he was being political in the past. I am uncertain on his change of enforcement, but it doesn't come a moment to soon in my opinion.
Recently an article appeared in the Sacramento Bee newspaper reporting the dismissal of a Catholic school teacher, Marie Bain, from an all girls Catholic high school because of her extensive involvement with Planned Parenthood and the abortion of young children. In a statement about her dismissal, Bishop Weigand commented:
"Abortion is gravely immoral and Ms. Bain's active and public participation in the procurement of abortions is morally inappropriate and unacceptable with regard to her work as a teacher at Loretto."Bishop Weigand should be commended for his actions and help inspire those to live the Catechism! For more click here and here.
"Two new mouse experiments may show how to obtain human embryonic stem cells without ethical hurdles, a step that could allow federal funding for such research, scientists reported Sunday."This shows there may be other ways to use stem cells without having to harvest human embryos. For more click here.
For more click here.
"Once they have reached their destination, they have their passports taken away and are subjected to every kind of abuse and oppression. In this situation many are forced to become Muslims,"
Get my CVSTOS FIDEI blog posts feed
Personal News Links
Houston Catholic Schools
Houston Catholic Links
- Mass Times for Galveston-Houston
- Knights of Columbus of Texas
- Archdiocese Office of Vocations
- Veritas Catholic Books & Gifts
- Life Advocates
- Pope John Paul II FORUM
- Opus Dei - Chaucer Center
- Fullnes of Truth
- Paradisus Dei
- Galveston-Houston Archdiocese
- Houston Coalition for Life
- Catholic Counseling & Psychotherapy
- Fidelis Graphics
Houston Catholic Blogs
Houston Secular Links
Catholic News Aggregators
Catholic Online Bibles
Anglican Ordinariate Blogs
- ► 2011 (17)
- ► 2010 (89)
- ► 2009 (100)
- ► 2008 (258)
- ► 2007 (348)
- ► 2006 (546)
- The Church and China Reconcile
- Social Worker Covers Up Statutory Rape
- Iran Demands Destruction of Israel
- University of Notre Dame's Shame
- Nebraska: Land of Vocations
- EU Threatens Pro-Life Polish President
- Family Is Not An Option, It Is Gods Will
- Anglican Schism?
- Muslims Threaten Coptic Pope
- Cardinals Don't Speak Latin Anymore
- Anglican Archbishop Akinola... Catholic?
- Culture of Death Descends on Brave Catholic
- Contextually Speaking
- Don't Support "Save Lids to Save Lives"
- Culture of Life Multiplies, While Death... Dies
- Sodomites Fearful of Extinction
- Seminarian Quality Control
- Priestly Lapse of Duty
- Review: Fr. Zigrang & the Tridentine Mass
- Overturning Roe v. Wade
- Values Distorted
- Iraqi Intolerance of the 'Cross' in Red Cross
- Religious Upheaval in India
- Weigel: Europe Without God is a Death Knell
- Bishop Chang's Funeral in Communist China (shhh, i...
- Libs: Abort 'Useless Eaters'
- Pope Benedict XVI Draws Huge Crowds
- Kansas Senator Brownback & Catholic
- Gaggle by NewsBusters.org
- Examining Mormonism
- Today is John Paul II Day!
- Secularism vs. Religion
- Islamic Terrorists, The Unspoken Enemy
- Bishop William K. Weigand
- New Ways To Get Stem Cells
- How Catholic Are You? Quiz!
- Catholicism and Communist China
- Children of Divorce Suffer More
- Liberal Laxity Cause of Priest Sex Scandal
- Planned Parenthood Sexual Abuse Cover Up
- Uganda's Successful Abstinence Program
- Muslims Target Rosary
- Apocalyptic Language by Pope Benedict XVI
- Cardinal McCarrick or Ayatollah McCarrick
- Planned Parenthood in Hot Water
- The Hypocrisy of Dialogue With Islam
- Christianity Lite
- Priest Shortage = Lack of Faith
- When the MSM gets cognitive dissonance
- Christian Spine Found In Belgium?
- Church of England On Its Deathbed
- Coach Resigns Over Ban on Prayer
- That Ugly Cathedral In L.A.
- Chinese Repression of Christians
- The Secular Assault on Western Civilization
- Gaggle by NewsBusters
- Muslim Intolerance of Christians
- No Sanctity at Mass?
- The Battle of Lepanto
- Cardinal Mahony & Pagan Rituals
- That Slippery Slope of Gay Marriage
- High Price of Free Sex
- Cardinal Mahony's Unitarian Homily
- Conscientious Objection of Gay Marriage in Spain
- Vatican & Pro-Abortion Politicians
- Italian Terry Schiavo Awakens!
- Texas Catholic Bishops on Prop 2
- Gaggle by NewsBusters
- Dissidents Abandon Eucharist
- Christian Refuses Islamic Conversion
- Communist China Repress Bishops
- Saint of the day: St. Francis of Assisi
- Violence Against Christians
- Synod of Bishops
- A Priest Stands Up
- Gaggle by NewsBusters
- MSM Focuses on Their Agenda
- Mother Angelica
- Canadian PM is NOT a Catholic... continued
- Cohabitation & Marriage
- Practicing Catholicism Publicly
- Cohabitation: The False Promise
- Canadian PM is Not Catholic
- ▼ October (83)
Books I Recommend
- The Imitation of Christ by Thomas À Kempis
- Without Roots: The West, Relativism, Christianity, Islam by Pope Benedict XVI & Marcello Pera; Forward by George Weigel, Translated by Michael F. Moore
- Triumph - The Power and the Glory of the Catholic Church, a 2000 Year History by H.W. Crocker, III
- Witness To Hope, The Biography of Pope John Paul II by George Weigel
- Uncommon Faith by John F. Coverdale
- Holy Bible
- A History of Christendom Vols. 1, 2, & 4 by Warren H. Carroll
- Understanding Medjugorje: Heavenly Visions or Religious Illusion? by Donal Anthony Foley
- The Courage to be Catholic by George Weigel
- God's Choice by George Weigel
- Clash of Civilizations by Samuel P. Huntington
- Fr. Tim Finigan
- Richard Collins
- Pro Ecclesia by Jay Anderson
- Father Philip Neri Powell, OP
- Jennifer Fulwiler
- Thomas Peters
- Acts of the Apostasy
- DarwinCatholic - ΙΧΘΥƩ
- Thoughts of a Regular Guy
- A Catholic Mom in Hawaii
- The Curt Jester by Jeff Miller
- The New Liturgical Movement
- Catholic World Report
- Monsignor Charles Pope
- Creative Minority Report
- Mark Shea
- Catholic Blog Directory
- Stand Up and Speak Out
- L.A. Catholic
- Quotes for You
- WI Catholic Musings
- Man with Black Hat
- A Catholic Life
- Adriennes Catholic Corner
- Reflections of a Paralytic
- The Crescat
- Jean Heimann's Catholic Fire
- Dale Price
Catholic Media Links
- Catechism of the Cthlc Church
- Catholics Come Home
- The Holy See - The Vatican
- Courage, SSA apostolate
- St. Paul Cntr: Biblical Theology
- Compendium of the C.C.C.
- Catholic Store Finder
- Institute of Christ the King
- Latin Mass Tutorial
- Musica Sacra
- Clear Creek Monastery
- Nat'l Black Catholic Congress
- Catholic Answers
- Canon Law with Dr. Ed Peters
- Catholic Desktops
- Pope Benedict XVI Fan Club
- Opus Dei
- The Saint Joseph Foundation