Thursday, May 31, 2007
Well I'm back from my friends wedding in Lihue, Kauai and catching up with many of my childhood friends. I can't tell you how relaxing and enjoyable it was. It is nice to be back in Houston though, but I miss the extraordinary weather that I just came from. My blogging will be a little sporadic so bear with me. Congratulations to Matt for his very first posting on my blog. It only took him nine months, but hey, who's counting! Now all we need is for Handmaiden to post her as well to complete the quartet of bloggers. Fidei Defensor has posted some excellent articles thus far, I believe he probably is hunkered down for finals. So what do you all think of the new look CVSTOS FIDEI? I'm still tinkering around, teaching myself CSS and HTML to really spice up the blog. Any suggestions or comments? The picture in the middle of my blog title is that of Blessed Miguel Pro, S.J. outstretching his arms before being shot by the firing squad. In his left hand he is holding the Rosary and in his right hand a Crucifix. Moments before being shot he knelt down and prayed. He then stood up and stretched out his arms in the sign of the Cross and said, "May God have mercy on you. May God bless you. Lord, You know that I am innocent. With all my heart I forgive my enemies." Then he yelled out, "Viva Cristo Rey!", which translates to "Long Live Christ the King!". The anti-Catholic regime in Mexico executed a great man, a man of God. The 'Blancos' regime, a liberal and secular government bent on wiping out Christianity in Mexico continued the persecution of Catholics throughout the country. Eventually the 'Blancos' government put down the 'Cristos' uprising and we have the current form of governance in Mexico today. Many of my relatives were among the Cristos that lost their lives in Mexico and in remembrance of them and to show liberals and secularists that they will never destroy those that follow the Son of God I have put the image of Fr. Miguel Pro in open defiance. God bless, Tito
Tags:Blessed Miguel Pro,Custos Fidei,Fidei Defensor,handmaiden,Hawaii,Kauai,matt,new look,vacation,wedding
Get my CVSTOS FIDEI blog posts feed
Personal News Links
Houston Catholic Schools
Houston Catholic Links
- Mass Times for Galveston-Houston
- Knights of Columbus of Texas
- Archdiocese Office of Vocations
- Veritas Catholic Books & Gifts
- Life Advocates
- Pope John Paul II FORUM
- Opus Dei - Chaucer Center
- Fullnes of Truth
- Paradisus Dei
- Galveston-Houston Archdiocese
- Houston Coalition for Life
- Catholic Counseling & Psychotherapy
- Fidelis Graphics
Houston Catholic Blogs
Houston Secular Links
Catholic News Aggregators
Catholic Online Bibles
Anglican Ordinariate Blogs
- ► 2011 (17)
- ► 2010 (89)
- ► 2009 (100)
- ► 2008 (258)
- Catholic News-Thursday, May 31, 2007 A.D.
- Back from Hawaii, Blogging, and CF's New Look
- Catholic News-Wednesday, May 30, 2007 A.D.
- Catholic News-Tuesday, May 29, 2007 A.D.
- Poll: American Muslims reject extremes
- Catholic News-Wednesday, May 23, 2007 A.D.
- Catholic News-Tuesday, May 22, 2007 A.D.
- Catholic News-Monday, May 21, 2007 A.D.
- Catholic News-Saturday, May 19, 2007 A.D.
- Catholic News-Friday, May 18, 2007 A.D.
- Light Blogging Next Week
- Catholic News-Thursday, May 17, 2007 A.D.
- Military Chaplains
- Catholic News-Wednesday, May 16, 2007 A.D.
- CF Cosmetic Changes
- Catholic News-Tuesday, May 15, 2007 A.D.
- Catholic News-Monday, May 14, 2007 A.D.
- Milestone: 1000th Posting!
- Poland: The Last Bastion
- Catholic News-Sunday, May 13, 2007 A.D.
- Catholic News-Saturday, May 12, 2007 A.D.
- Catholic News-Friday, May 11, 2007 A.D.
- Richard Rich
- Catholic News-Thursday, May 10, 2007 A.D.
- Bayeux Tapestry
- Catholic News-Tuesday, May 8, 2007 A.D.
- Tito and Firefox 2.0
- Into Great Silence, Now Playing in Houston
- La Victoire est en nous!-France slightly slows its...
- Joseph Smith vs. Fidei Defensor
- College Survey
- Tito and Internet Explorer 7.0
- About Bill Cork
- Radix malorum est cupiditas
- Catholic News-Thursday, May 3, 2007 A.D.
- Do you like hospitals, universities, the calender,...
- Catholic News-Wednesday, May 2, 2007 A.D.
- Catholic News-Tuesday, May 1, 2007 A.D.
- ▼ May (38)
- ► 2006 (546)
Books I Recommend
- The Imitation of Christ by Thomas À Kempis
- Without Roots: The West, Relativism, Christianity, Islam by Pope Benedict XVI & Marcello Pera; Forward by George Weigel, Translated by Michael F. Moore
- Triumph - The Power and the Glory of the Catholic Church, a 2000 Year History by H.W. Crocker, III
- Witness To Hope, The Biography of Pope John Paul II by George Weigel
- Uncommon Faith by John F. Coverdale
- Holy Bible
- A History of Christendom Vols. 1, 2, & 4 by Warren H. Carroll
- Understanding Medjugorje: Heavenly Visions or Religious Illusion? by Donal Anthony Foley
- The Courage to be Catholic by George Weigel
- God's Choice by George Weigel
- Clash of Civilizations by Samuel P. Huntington
- Fr. Tim Finigan
- Richard Collins
- Pro Ecclesia by Jay Anderson
- Father Philip Neri Powell, OP
- Jennifer Fulwiler
- Thomas Peters
- Acts of the Apostasy
- DarwinCatholic - ΙΧΘΥƩ
- Thoughts of a Regular Guy
- A Catholic Mom in Hawaii
- The Curt Jester by Jeff Miller
- The New Liturgical Movement
- Catholic World Report
- Monsignor Charles Pope
- Creative Minority Report
- Mark Shea
- Catholic Blog Directory
- Stand Up and Speak Out
- L.A. Catholic
- Quotes for You
- WI Catholic Musings
- Man with Black Hat
- A Catholic Life
- Adriennes Catholic Corner
- Reflections of a Paralytic
- The Crescat
- Jean Heimann's Catholic Fire
- Dale Price
A highly modified template. Powered by Blogger.
Catholic Media Links
- Catechism of the Cthlc Church
- Catholics Come Home
- The Holy See - The Vatican
- Courage, SSA apostolate
- St. Paul Cntr: Biblical Theology
- Compendium of the C.C.C.
- Catholic Store Finder
- Institute of Christ the King
- Latin Mass Tutorial
- Musica Sacra
- Clear Creek Monastery
- Nat'l Black Catholic Congress
- Catholic Answers
- Canon Law with Dr. Ed Peters
- Catholic Desktops
- Pope Benedict XVI Fan Club
- Opus Dei
- The Saint Joseph Foundation