1. You don't shop for BBQ at the library. Go where BBQ may be found. Similarly, you don't look for moms at the club.
2. You're marrying a wife for yourself, a daughter for your parents, and a sister for your siblings.
3. Ask yourself of a potential woman: If I had a daughter just like her, how would I feel about that?
4. Would the world be better with more copies of this woman?
5. If I died, would I trust her to raise the kids right?
The most important points I read here were the ones dealing with communication (do it) and realizing a person is a whole package, which includes history, family, friends, and the like.
My wife and I married earlier this year. We'd been engaged for a year and a half, and had been dating for two years prior to that. It is amazing what you can learn about each other in that amount of time, and it is amazing what you can still discover.
My biggest advice is: don't be afraid of arguing. Sara and I argue all the time, and it helps us quite a bit. We each learn each other's feelings, and if we delve deep enough, we learn history and how that has brought us to our current conclusions. (It especially helps me in learning where I'm wrong, conceited, or various other conditions that are far from flattering.)
Get my CVSTOS FIDEI blog posts feed
Personal News Links
Houston Catholic Schools
Houston Catholic Links
- Mass Times for Galveston-Houston
- Knights of Columbus of Texas
- Archdiocese Office of Vocations
- Veritas Catholic Books & Gifts
- Life Advocates
- Pope John Paul II FORUM
- Opus Dei - Chaucer Center
- Fullnes of Truth
- Paradisus Dei
- Galveston-Houston Archdiocese
- Houston Coalition for Life
- Catholic Counseling & Psychotherapy
- Fidelis Graphics
Houston Catholic Blogs
Houston Secular Links
Catholic News Aggregators
Catholic Online Bibles
Anglican Ordinariate Blogs
- ► 2011 (17)
- ► 2010 (89)
- ► 2009 (100)
- Catholic News-Friday, October 31, 2008 A.D.
- Catholic News-Thursday, October 30, 2008 A.D.
- Catholic News-Wednesday Morning, 10-29-2008 A.D.
- Catholic News-Tuesday Morning, 10-28-2008 A.D.
- Catholic News-Monday Afternoon, 10-13-2008 A.D.
- Catholic News-Saturday Afternoon, 10-11-2008 A.D.
- Catholic News-Friday Afternoon, 10-10-2008 A.D.
- Catholic News-Thursday Morning, 10-9-2008 A.D.
- Catholic News-Wednesday Evening, 10-8-2008 A.D.
- Catholic News-Tuesday Evening, 10-7-2008 A.D.
- The Newest Political Blog, American Catholic
- Catholic News-Saturday Evening, 10-4-2008 A.D.
- Catholic News-Friday Evening, 10-3-2008 A.D.
- Observations About Catholic Blogging
- Internet Explorer & Mozilla Firefox Viewing
- Catholic News-Thursday Evening, 10-2-2008 A.D.
- Catholic News-Wednesday Morning, 10-1-2008 A.D.
- Courting for the 21st Century Catholic
- My Spiritual Journey
- ▼ October (19)
- ► 2007 (348)
- ► 2006 (546)
Books I Recommend
- The Imitation of Christ by Thomas À Kempis
- Without Roots: The West, Relativism, Christianity, Islam by Pope Benedict XVI & Marcello Pera; Forward by George Weigel, Translated by Michael F. Moore
- Triumph - The Power and the Glory of the Catholic Church, a 2000 Year History by H.W. Crocker, III
- Witness To Hope, The Biography of Pope John Paul II by George Weigel
- Uncommon Faith by John F. Coverdale
- Holy Bible
- A History of Christendom Vols. 1, 2, & 4 by Warren H. Carroll
- Understanding Medjugorje: Heavenly Visions or Religious Illusion? by Donal Anthony Foley
- The Courage to be Catholic by George Weigel
- God's Choice by George Weigel
- Clash of Civilizations by Samuel P. Huntington
- Fr. Tim Finigan
- Richard Collins
- Pro Ecclesia by Jay Anderson
- Father Philip Neri Powell, OP
- Jennifer Fulwiler
- Thomas Peters
- Acts of the Apostasy
- DarwinCatholic - ΙΧΘΥƩ
- Thoughts of a Regular Guy
- A Catholic Mom in Hawaii
- The Curt Jester by Jeff Miller
- The New Liturgical Movement
- Catholic World Report
- Monsignor Charles Pope
- Creative Minority Report
- Mark Shea
- Catholic Blog Directory
- Stand Up and Speak Out
- L.A. Catholic
- Quotes for You
- WI Catholic Musings
- Man with Black Hat
- A Catholic Life
- Adriennes Catholic Corner
- Reflections of a Paralytic
- The Crescat
- Jean Heimann's Catholic Fire
- Dale Price
Catholic Media Links
- Catechism of the Cthlc Church
- Catholics Come Home
- The Holy See - The Vatican
- Courage, SSA apostolate
- St. Paul Cntr: Biblical Theology
- Compendium of the C.C.C.
- Catholic Store Finder
- Institute of Christ the King
- Latin Mass Tutorial
- Musica Sacra
- Clear Creek Monastery
- Nat'l Black Catholic Congress
- Catholic Answers
- Canon Law with Dr. Ed Peters
- Catholic Desktops
- Pope Benedict XVI Fan Club
- Opus Dei
- The Saint Joseph Foundation