Christians prayed in San Francisco's Castro district and got this warm reception.
With the recent hate crimes done by radical gays in the wake of Proposition 8, I'm very disturbed by what has been happening. I don't see any of this on the network news, but when I find this online it bothers me that the mainstream media doesn't cover this. It seems that the media is in the tank to force licentious behavior down the throats of Americans.
You can hear the gays yelling, "die! die! die!". Rod Dreher asks:
This is terrifying. This ought to be on the national news. If this were a Christian mob surrounding gay-rights campaigners, it certainly would be -- and should be, as no peaceful protester in this country should be subject to this threat. (And no, this wasn't a made- up thing: here's how a local SFO TV station covered it). Watch this, and tell me these people [Update: by which I mean the enraged activist core, not all gays -- RD.] aren't going to come against churches full force once they have the civil rights laws on their side: Tell me why Christians and others who oppose this mob don't have to fear. These people have no idea, no idea at all, what kind of response this kind of thing may call up. One of the members of the Christian group, which had been singing hymns in the street, tells of how they were assaulted with urine, and worse:
What the media covers and doesn't cover is the heart of bias.
(Biretta Tip: Creative Minority Report)
Is all this back and forth confrontation the right way to win hearts and minds? Or are we still trying to fight battles that God has already won because we are not satisfied with how He has gone about securing His victory?
Reminds me of the parades in Northern Ireland where Catholics walk through the Protestant neighborhoods and vice versa. The goals of such confrontations are most assuredly not prayer.
The reward of suffering the predictable irrational reactions to the provocation of angry opponents is that you end up with weapons in the propaganda war against "us" versus "them."
Even when, at a basic level, "us" is right and "them" is wrong. The root disease is the cycle of "us" versus "them." Not "them."
Can we get some mercy and forgiveness in here somewhere? Please?
What really bothers me about all these stories of Radical Grays is that no one points out the government connections!
We've seen all this before. Tunguska, Coyame, Kecksburg, Kodiak Island. These are hate crimes on a wide scale, and the government is covering them up!
And what's worse, our government, the USA government, might even be involved! Can you imagine all the horrible probing (I won't say what kind) that these government agencies (NSA CIA FBI and of course FEMA especially) are condoning!
We can't allow any further collusion with the Grays. As your video shows (BLESS YOU for posting this and making it public!!!!) we have to stand by our Ladder Day Saint Brothers when the Grays yell at them!
GO HOME, GRAYS!
Get my CVSTOS FIDEI blog posts feed
Personal News Links
Houston Catholic Schools
Houston Catholic Links
- Mass Times for Galveston-Houston
- Knights of Columbus of Texas
- Archdiocese Office of Vocations
- Veritas Catholic Books & Gifts
- Life Advocates
- Pope John Paul II FORUM
- Opus Dei - Chaucer Center
- Fullnes of Truth
- Paradisus Dei
- Galveston-Houston Archdiocese
- Houston Coalition for Life
- Catholic Counseling & Psychotherapy
- Fidelis Graphics
Houston Catholic Blogs
Houston Secular Links
Catholic News Aggregators
Catholic Online Bibles
Anglican Ordinariate Blogs
- ► 2011 (17)
- ► 2010 (89)
- ► 2009 (100)
- ▼ November (7)
- ► 2007 (348)
- ► 2006 (546)
Books I Recommend
- The Imitation of Christ by Thomas À Kempis
- Without Roots: The West, Relativism, Christianity, Islam by Pope Benedict XVI & Marcello Pera; Forward by George Weigel, Translated by Michael F. Moore
- Triumph - The Power and the Glory of the Catholic Church, a 2000 Year History by H.W. Crocker, III
- Witness To Hope, The Biography of Pope John Paul II by George Weigel
- Uncommon Faith by John F. Coverdale
- Holy Bible
- A History of Christendom Vols. 1, 2, & 4 by Warren H. Carroll
- Understanding Medjugorje: Heavenly Visions or Religious Illusion? by Donal Anthony Foley
- The Courage to be Catholic by George Weigel
- God's Choice by George Weigel
- Clash of Civilizations by Samuel P. Huntington
- Fr. Tim Finigan
- Richard Collins
- Pro Ecclesia by Jay Anderson
- Father Philip Neri Powell, OP
- Jennifer Fulwiler
- Thomas Peters
- Acts of the Apostasy
- DarwinCatholic - ΙΧΘΥƩ
- Thoughts of a Regular Guy
- A Catholic Mom in Hawaii
- The Curt Jester by Jeff Miller
- The New Liturgical Movement
- Catholic World Report
- Monsignor Charles Pope
- Creative Minority Report
- Mark Shea
- Catholic Blog Directory
- Stand Up and Speak Out
- L.A. Catholic
- Quotes for You
- WI Catholic Musings
- Man with Black Hat
- A Catholic Life
- Adriennes Catholic Corner
- Reflections of a Paralytic
- The Crescat
- Jean Heimann's Catholic Fire
- Dale Price
Catholic Media Links
- Catechism of the Cthlc Church
- Catholics Come Home
- The Holy See - The Vatican
- Courage, SSA apostolate
- St. Paul Cntr: Biblical Theology
- Compendium of the C.C.C.
- Catholic Store Finder
- Institute of Christ the King
- Latin Mass Tutorial
- Musica Sacra
- Clear Creek Monastery
- Nat'l Black Catholic Congress
- Catholic Answers
- Canon Law with Dr. Ed Peters
- Catholic Desktops
- Pope Benedict XVI Fan Club
- Opus Dei
- The Saint Joseph Foundation