"Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you shall eat or what you shall drink, nor about your body, what you shall put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?  Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?"Are you not of more value than they?" Of course we are. I have come one step closer to letting go more of my anxieties in life and trusting Him even more. But what does this have to do with discernment? I think it means do what you can do and leave everything to God. Pray that you are following His will and all will be for the better. Basically trust Him that knows best for you. I think I have found a new devotion to the Holy Spirit.
My experience is that listening to the voice of God is hard. Rewarding, but hard. Congratulations and good luck with that!
My reading of the lives of saints doesn't give me the impression that God places "perfect balance" in your life as a very high priority, either.
I couldn't agree more.
It wasn't that I heard God tell me what to do, making the decisions just happened naturally.
The Holy Spirit seemed to have guided me so to speak (my best guess).
"Perfect balance" was the best way to describe what I was trying to achieve. Maybe 'normal' would have been just as appropriate.
Nonetheless, following the will of God is what I try to do and hope that I am doing at the moment.
Hey Tito, hope you're having a very blessed Pascha season.
I understand what you're describing here, and can identify. I too have been looking for my life to "begin", so to speak-- to have the right job, my own little place, and be debt-free. I feel like I've been sort of flopping around wasting time, and now in my early 30's, it's time for me to actually stop messing around. I've been slowly working towards my goals, getting my Master of Arts in teaching so I can be a social studies teacher, paying off my debts.
The problem now is patience... there's a temptation to want these goals NOW, and you just have to remind yourself that you're making progress, you're getting there. I feel like I've acquired more patience and peace, however, like you.
St. Paul likens our spiritual journey to a race-- we just need to keep our eye on the "finish line" and make sure we're moving TOWARDS it. :-)
Best wishes and God bless. Please pray for me, a poor sinner, and I will keep you in my prayers as well.
You hit the nail right on the head. Yes, waiting for my life to 'begin'... and wanting it now.
Patience and peace. How fitting the way you put that. Peace which I have acquired a lot of and still need more of. Patience is one in which I haven't been as successful in acquiring.
St. Theresa of Avila once said (paraphrasing here) that with patience all things are achievable.
I will pray for you and thank you for your prayers.
In Jesus, Mary, & Joseph,
Get my CVSTOS FIDEI blog posts feed
Personal News Links
Houston Catholic Schools
Houston Catholic Links
- Mass Times for Galveston-Houston
- Knights of Columbus of Texas
- Archdiocese Office of Vocations
- Veritas Catholic Books & Gifts
- Life Advocates
- Pope John Paul II FORUM
- Opus Dei - Chaucer Center
- Fullnes of Truth
- Paradisus Dei
- Galveston-Houston Archdiocese
- Houston Coalition for Life
- Catholic Counseling & Psychotherapy
- Fidelis Graphics
Houston Catholic Blogs
Houston Secular Links
Catholic News Aggregators
Catholic Online Bibles
Anglican Ordinariate Blogs
- ► 2011 (17)
- ► 2010 (89)
- ► 2009 (100)
- Archbishop Wuerl Is No St. Ambrose
- Catholic News-Rogation Sunday 2008 A.D.
- Catholic News-Friday, April 25, 2008 A.D.
- Catholic News-Thursday, April 24, 2008 A.D.
- The Truth About Obama
- Catholic News-Wednesday, April 23, 2008 A.D.
- Catholic News-Tuesday, April 22, 2008 A.D.
- Should We Ask for Bill Maher's Head?
- More Catholic News-Monday (4-21-2008 A.D.)
- Catholic News-Monday April 21, 2008 A.D.
- Catholic News-Sunday April 20, 2008 A.D.
- Papal News-Sunday, April 20 2008 A.D.
- More Catholic News-Friday, April 18, 2008 A.D.
- Catholic News-Friday April 18, 2008 A.D.
- More Catholic News-Thursday (4-17-2008 A.D.)
- Catholic News-Thursday, April 17, 2008 A.D.
- Custos Fidei 2.0 . . .
- Catholic News-Wednesday, April 16, 2008 A.D.
- Pope Benedict and Obama's Bitter Comments
- Discernment and the Holy Spirit
- Beware the Believers
- Catholic News-Sunday, April 6, 2008 A.D.
- Catholic News-Saturday April 5, 2008 A.D.
- Catholic News-Friday, April 4, 2008 A.D.
- 2008 Beijing Olympics Promotional Poster
- More Catholic News-Thursday (4-3-2008 A.D.)
- Catholic News-Thursday, April 3, 2008 A.D.
- Extra Catholic News-Wednesday (4-2-2008 AD)
- More Catholic News-Wednesday (4-2-2008 AD)
- Sacred Heart Co-Cathedral Dedication News
- Catholic News-Wednesday, April 2, 2008 A.D.
- ▼ April (31)
- ► 2007 (348)
- ► 2006 (546)
Books I Recommend
- The Imitation of Christ by Thomas À Kempis
- Without Roots: The West, Relativism, Christianity, Islam by Pope Benedict XVI & Marcello Pera; Forward by George Weigel, Translated by Michael F. Moore
- Triumph - The Power and the Glory of the Catholic Church, a 2000 Year History by H.W. Crocker, III
- Witness To Hope, The Biography of Pope John Paul II by George Weigel
- Uncommon Faith by John F. Coverdale
- Holy Bible
- A History of Christendom Vols. 1, 2, & 4 by Warren H. Carroll
- Understanding Medjugorje: Heavenly Visions or Religious Illusion? by Donal Anthony Foley
- The Courage to be Catholic by George Weigel
- God's Choice by George Weigel
- Clash of Civilizations by Samuel P. Huntington
- Fr. Tim Finigan
- Richard Collins
- Pro Ecclesia by Jay Anderson
- Father Philip Neri Powell, OP
- Jennifer Fulwiler
- Thomas Peters
- Acts of the Apostasy
- DarwinCatholic - ΙΧΘΥƩ
- Thoughts of a Regular Guy
- A Catholic Mom in Hawaii
- The Curt Jester by Jeff Miller
- The New Liturgical Movement
- Catholic World Report
- Monsignor Charles Pope
- Creative Minority Report
- Mark Shea
- Catholic Blog Directory
- Stand Up and Speak Out
- L.A. Catholic
- Quotes for You
- WI Catholic Musings
- Man with Black Hat
- A Catholic Life
- Adriennes Catholic Corner
- Reflections of a Paralytic
- The Crescat
- Jean Heimann's Catholic Fire
- Dale Price
Catholic Media Links
- Catechism of the Cthlc Church
- Catholics Come Home
- The Holy See - The Vatican
- Courage, SSA apostolate
- St. Paul Cntr: Biblical Theology
- Compendium of the C.C.C.
- Catholic Store Finder
- Institute of Christ the King
- Latin Mass Tutorial
- Musica Sacra
- Clear Creek Monastery
- Nat'l Black Catholic Congress
- Catholic Answers
- Canon Law with Dr. Ed Peters
- Catholic Desktops
- Pope Benedict XVI Fan Club
- Opus Dei
- The Saint Joseph Foundation