Sunday, September 25, 2005

Hurricane Rita: The Day After

I am residing still here in Austin as I sigh a relief that Hurricane Rita didn't do as much damage as I was expecting. Hearing from my roommate, my home in Houston sustained almost no damage. With the exception of my back door, my home escapted unscathed. I will stay in Austin for a day or two more until the traffic to Houston dies down. I believe that the evacuation of Houston was done under the best possible circumstances. Yes, the stalled vehicles on I-10 and the frustration of the pace of evacuating was aggravating, but overall, I believe that the citizens of Houston and the surrounding areas did a fine job of being good Christians. As well as taking every precaution necessary for the safety of family and friends. Mayor White did what was expected and did it with minimal damage and problems. I doubt any other person, including Rudolph Gulianni, could have done a better job. Regardless, I am very happy to be safe and secondly I am very happy that my home escaped major damage. The resiliance of my family and friends and the prayers were certainly appreciated and very helpful. Thank you Lord for providing me the fortitude and relationships to be here today! God bless you all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Get my CVSTOS FIDEI blog posts feed

Blog Archive

A highly modified template. Powered by Blogger.

Google Analytics