Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Two Christmas Football Gifts

I've just had one of the most memorable Christmas' ever with my parents and two brothers. It could only get better if my nephew Alfredo was with us.
Well, in addition to a great family get-together, I received two football victories in two days that seemed improbably a few weeks earlier.
My hometown University of Hawaii Warrior crushed the Arizona State Sun Devils 41-24 in front of a lackluster home crowd of 41,000. 2007 Heisman Trophy front-runner Quarterback Colt Brennan just pulled off an incredible season leading the NCAA in several statistical categories (passing yards, passing efficiency, touchdowns passes, team-1st downs per game, team-3rd down conversions, team-scoring) as well as breaking the NCAA Division I single-season TD record by four (4) touchdowns, previously held by David Kingler of the University of Houston (yeah, I'm a homer) at 54 touchdowns.
Hawaii capped off an incredible 11-3 season record and topped it off with a bowl win. The only game Hawaii lost in the WAC was to BCS Fiesta Bowl-bound Boise State (12-0) (the other two to Alabama on the road by a touchdown and ranked Oregon St.). Hawaii beat two notables in Fresno State and Purdue.
If Hawaii gets a fast start next year, Colt Brennan should be in the heat of the Heisman Trophy race, if not leading it (my bias here, but it really isn't).
My other Christmas gift was my Philadelphia Eagles crushing the Dallas Cowboys 23-7... on the road no less! My Eagles only need is another win against the Washington Redskins and they get home field advantage in the first round of the NFL playoffs.
A great Christmas all the way around!
To read about my Hawaii victory in the Honolulu Advertiser (newspaper) click here.
To read about my Philadelphia Eagles click here.
Pictures courtesy ESPN.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Get my CVSTOS FIDEI blog posts feed

Blog Archive

A highly modified template. Powered by Blogger.

Google Analytics