1. “[Gretchen] Mol stars as a 35-year-old virgin who gets deflowered---in lusty romance novel fashion on a trip to Mexico. Her hunky lover boy’s name? Jesus Christ.” [philly.com] 2. “Mol plays a mousy librarian…who travels alone to Mexico and has a wildly sexual fling with a local handyman named Jesus H. Christ (Justin Theroux in long hair and beard).” [AP] 3. “They’re almost gleeful in their crudity; grinning ever-wider as they seem to ask the audience just who this bit of blasphemy is hurting.” [eflimcritic.com] 4. “‘The Ten’ is comprised of 10 blasphemous and hysterical stories that put the insanity back in Christianity.” [Roger Ebert] 5. “(By the way, I did mention that conservative Christians may find this film offensive?)” [independentcritics.com]Is this fair? Is this just? Is it tolerant to be intolerant to Christians? Is it open-minded to prosecute Christians for distributing the Bible? Is it sensitive to demean Christianity? If this is what passes for intellectual sophistication then I have a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn. This intellectual sophistication has created the newfound constitutional law of “separation of church and state”. Where the ACLU uses this as a license to deconstruct and tear down the Christian heritage of America, but won’t blink an eye when the University of Michigan uses student monies to build separate foot baths for Muslim men and women! How much longer are liberals going to run around yelling and screaming of a Biblical theocracy in America and openly persecuting Christians, yet their hypocrisy continues to unveil themselves with stories of Muslim gangs raping Christians, assaulting Christians, and invading Christian homes in Nashville, Tennessee. Not only does the mainstream media fail to report what is happening to Christians in Iraq, but the very same thing is occurring in America. In the Bible Belt no less and not a whimper is heard of the fore mentioned news. And when it is told, they hide behind their flawed political correctness mantra of not “offending” anyone (as long as they are Christians then its ok) by referring to these gangs as “Kurdish”. Pathetic. I call this a shallow intellect and flawed thinking. Why don’t we call out the Brian William’s and Katie Couric’s for what they report... and that is a double standard.
Breathe deep. The Kurdish gangs don't seem to be any different from gangs of the past--whether Irish Catholic or etc. You have linked some very disparate stories and called them a pattern. Christians are persecuted around the world. This nashville story is not really about persecution. The challenge for American christians is much like the Irish Green Martyrdom. The risk is not being killed by those who hate us but being assimilated and becoming complacent. As for your contrast of "the Passion" and "the Ten": I have seen neither one and don;t plan on it either. As for the Passion--the book is better. and the Ten-It sounds like somebody is still made at mommy for making her go to Sunday School. This sort of childish anti-church stuff is just silly. Some people think it is "edgy"...ok. I just don't care. Let's worry about being good Christians who share the joy of our faith with all. Respond to their silly hatefilled movie with the compassion that our savior would feel.
If you are going to clog up a toilet with a Koran, make sure you own the Koran and that it isn't a public toilet. THAT is why this guy is getting charged. I can't get too upset at charges filed against someone who *repeatedly* vandalizes a public place. "Free Speech" does not include destroying property you don't own.
Or are you "soft on crime"?
Get my CVSTOS FIDEI blog posts feed
Personal News Links
Houston Catholic Schools
Houston Catholic Links
- Mass Times for Galveston-Houston
- Knights of Columbus of Texas
- Archdiocese Office of Vocations
- Veritas Catholic Books & Gifts
- Life Advocates
- Pope John Paul II FORUM
- Opus Dei - Chaucer Center
- Fullnes of Truth
- Paradisus Dei
- Galveston-Houston Archdiocese
- Houston Coalition for Life
- Catholic Counseling & Psychotherapy
- Fidelis Graphics
Houston Catholic Blogs
Houston Secular Links
Catholic News Aggregators
Catholic Online Bibles
Anglican Ordinariate Blogs
- ► 2011 (17)
- ► 2010 (89)
- ► 2009 (100)
- ► 2008 (258)
- Catholic News-Friday, August 31, 2007 A.D.
- Catholic News-Thursday, August 30, 2007 A.D.
- Catholic News-Wednesday, August 29, 2007 A.D.
- Catholic News-Tuesday, August 28, 2007 A.D.
- Catholic News-Monday, August 27, 2007 A.D.
- Catholic News-Friday, August 24, 2007 A.D.
- Why Do Bad Things Happen To Good People?
- Catholic News-Thursday, August 23, 2007 A.D.
- Catholic News-Wednesday, August 22, 2007 A.D.
- Abortion and Religion
- Catholic News-Tuesday, August 21, 2007 A.D.
- Catholic News-Monday, August 20, 2007 A.D.
- Catholic News-Sunday, August 19, 2007 A.D.
- Catholic News-Saturday, August 18, 2007 A.D.
- St. Theresa Church in Kekaha, Hawaii
- Catholic News-Friday, August 17, 2007 A.D.
- Danes Sorry for Looting and Pillaging
- St. George Church in Waimanalo, Hawaii
- Catholic News-Thursday, August 16, 2007 A.D.
- Catholic News-Wednesday, August 15, 2007 A.D.
- Catholic News-Tuesday, August 14, 2007 A.D.
- Catholic News-Monday, August 13, 2007 A.D.
- Catholic News-Wednesday, August 8, 2007 A.D.
- Vote For 'First Things' Magazine
- Catholic News-Tuesday, August 7, 2007 A.D.
- Catholic News-Monday, August 6, 2007 A.D.
- Catholic News-Sunday, August 5, 2007 A.D.
- Catholic News-Saturday, August 4, 2007 A.D.
- Catholic News-Friday, August 3, 2007 A.D.
- Catholic News-Thursday, August 2, 2007 A.D.
- Media's Double Standard
- Catholic News-Wednesday, August 1, 2007 A.D.
- ▼ August (32)
- ► 2006 (546)
Books I Recommend
- The Imitation of Christ by Thomas À Kempis
- Without Roots: The West, Relativism, Christianity, Islam by Pope Benedict XVI & Marcello Pera; Forward by George Weigel, Translated by Michael F. Moore
- Triumph - The Power and the Glory of the Catholic Church, a 2000 Year History by H.W. Crocker, III
- Witness To Hope, The Biography of Pope John Paul II by George Weigel
- Uncommon Faith by John F. Coverdale
- Holy Bible
- A History of Christendom Vols. 1, 2, & 4 by Warren H. Carroll
- Understanding Medjugorje: Heavenly Visions or Religious Illusion? by Donal Anthony Foley
- The Courage to be Catholic by George Weigel
- God's Choice by George Weigel
- Clash of Civilizations by Samuel P. Huntington
- Fr. Tim Finigan
- Richard Collins
- Pro Ecclesia by Jay Anderson
- Father Philip Neri Powell, OP
- Jennifer Fulwiler
- Thomas Peters
- Acts of the Apostasy
- DarwinCatholic - ΙΧΘΥƩ
- Thoughts of a Regular Guy
- A Catholic Mom in Hawaii
- The Curt Jester by Jeff Miller
- The New Liturgical Movement
- Catholic World Report
- Monsignor Charles Pope
- Creative Minority Report
- Mark Shea
- Catholic Blog Directory
- Stand Up and Speak Out
- L.A. Catholic
- Quotes for You
- WI Catholic Musings
- Man with Black Hat
- A Catholic Life
- Adriennes Catholic Corner
- Reflections of a Paralytic
- The Crescat
- Jean Heimann's Catholic Fire
- Dale Price
Catholic Media Links
- Catechism of the Cthlc Church
- Catholics Come Home
- The Holy See - The Vatican
- Courage, SSA apostolate
- St. Paul Cntr: Biblical Theology
- Compendium of the C.C.C.
- Catholic Store Finder
- Institute of Christ the King
- Latin Mass Tutorial
- Musica Sacra
- Clear Creek Monastery
- Nat'l Black Catholic Congress
- Catholic Answers
- Canon Law with Dr. Ed Peters
- Catholic Desktops
- Pope Benedict XVI Fan Club
- Opus Dei
- The Saint Joseph Foundation