Sunday, June 8, 2008

Catholic News-Sunday Afternoon (6-8-2008 AD)

CVSTOS FIDEI AFTERNOON EDITION Rome: First Mass of new FSSP parish in Rome - Shawn Tribe, NLM Dictatorship of Positivist Reason - Argent, by the Tiber CTSA Rips the Papacy - John Allen, All Things Catholic Changing Names to Reverse Decline - Tito, Custos Fidei Pope Benedict at this Morning's Angelus - Rocco Palmo, Whispers Catholic Comics: 'Lavabo' & 'Secret' - Eric Pavlat, The Inside Blog World Heterosexual AIDS Pandemic Over - Jeremy Laurance, TI Bonus Commentary: It's a Girl! - Sarah, Recapturing our Catholic Patrimony Bp. Gemma: Vatican Will Reject Medjugorje - Simon Caldwell, Herald Bonus News: New Catholic Legal Blog: Fidelis (blog) Fr. Pfleger to Return June 16 - Mary Wisniewski, Chicago Sun-Times Bonus Secular News: The Fall of the Newspaper Industry - Rosslyn Smith, Amrcn Thnkr (Biretta Tip: Lucianne)

2 comments:

Tito: I am not sure about the article that the Vatican will reject Medjugorje. The article is incorrect in stating that the Vatican banned pilgrims and priests from journeying there. The Vatican still has not made an official statement and, in fact, instructed priests to accompany the faithful to Medjugorje if they were needed for the Sacraments. I myself have been there and found all the messages to be 100% orthodox. I have also seen the fruit of pilgrimages made to Medjugorje. Many conversions to the faith that are still burning strong. I will wait for the official statement from the Vatican, which may come after my lifetime, as it did for the apparitions at Laus in France. +JMJ

David & Connie,

I wasn't aware that the Vatican did not place a ban on pilgramages. I heard this before, but never questioned it. I will wait to hear from the Vatican their ruling.

I have reservations about the apparitions for several reasons, but the messages do seem 100% orthodox.

This reminds me of Garabandel, but my problem with Garabandel is that one of the seers married a divorcee.

One of the sticking points with me about Medjugorje was that many of the seers rejected Mary's request for them to enter the religious life and instead went ahead and married.

Another sticking point is that Mary's messages haven't stopped.

I'll blog about this soon, but I'll wait for the Vatican to decide. Until then, I'll reserve judgement.

Thanks for pointing out the bias and inconsistencies in the link though!

JMJ,

Tito

PS First Friday Mass at St. Helen's in Pearland was awesome!

Post a Comment

Get my CVSTOS FIDEI blog posts feed

Blog Archive

A highly modified template. Powered by Blogger.

Google Analytics