Friday, November 4, 2005

Eucharist As The Strength Of Martyrs

This article from ZENIT explains that many martyrs of the early Church, as well as Saints, were executed while in the presence of the Eucharist. Most of this draws from the first 300 years of the Church after the Resurrection of Jesus.
"Founded under the title Collegium Cultorum Martyrum, in 1879, the Pontifical Academy of Devotion to Martyrs promotes devotion to them, enhances and deepens the exact history of the witnesses of the faith, and monuments related to them, from the first centuries of Christianity."
The more I learn of my Faith, the more reverence I gain for the Eucharist, the early Church, and the teachings of our Faith. It truly is an amazing story of how one Man died for our sins then three days later was resurrected. From this one moment in history, a tiny Jewish sect grew, under persecution, to be the largest faith on this planet. I digress with my abuse of poetic license. For more click here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Get my CVSTOS FIDEI blog posts feed

Blog Archive

A highly modified template. Powered by Blogger.

Google Analytics