I ended up here by accident. I cant believe Blogger allows hate-blogs like this.
Showing the Vatican's hatred regime makes you are too miserable a human being to deserve a longer comment.
Oliver has no clue....Whatsoever
Because you lack any semblence of a cogent arguement, you yourself have shown to be a hate-monger.
The document the Vatican has released is nothing new. This particular document has been written down since 810 A.D. And beforehand has always been a part of the Judeo-Christian tradition 2000 years prior to that.
Maybe you need to step away from the Kool-aid and do your own research before you slander others and reveal your ignorance.
Having spent a couple of years in the seminary discerning my vocation, I do not see this policy document to be any different than it would be towards heterosexuals.
How is that?
If I was in an active committed relationship with a woman before or during my stay in the seminary, I would have not been able to enter, or if I got involved while in the seminary I would have been asked to leave.
The idea is to understand the root and meaning of our human sexuality and whether we men have the gift and grace to live the celibate life.
Chastity is the key. It must be lived before entering the seminary, before getting married, after becoming a priest (as celibacy), and also within marriage.
Chastity to me is the understanding that I am gift, and that my sexuality is incorporated in that. Because of this, I am to remain chaste until I marry, thus preserving the full gift of myself for my future wife. Or, in the case of a diocesan priest or religious priest, I am to remain chaste/celibate as an offering of the gift of myself to the Lord and His people.
Further to this, once married or ordained, the gift of myself now belongs to my spouse, either my wife when married, or Jesus Christ and His Church if ordained. Chastity within my vocation means to realize that this is the case. I am no longer my own, but essentially I have freely given myself to another as gift.
There are two very important elements that can help one to remain chaste: Grace and Love. Daily prayer and sacrifice is the only way that one can maintain a chaste life. I must love my spouse, whether my wife or the Church, and receive their love in return in order to remain chaste. With this comes the realization that what we are called to do is no walk in the park. It is a lot of work!
Get my CVSTOS FIDEI blog posts feed
Personal News Links
Houston Catholic Schools
Houston Catholic Links
- Mass Times for Galveston-Houston
- Knights of Columbus of Texas
- Archdiocese Office of Vocations
- Veritas Catholic Books & Gifts
- Life Advocates
- Pope John Paul II FORUM
- Opus Dei - Chaucer Center
- Fullnes of Truth
- Paradisus Dei
- Galveston-Houston Archdiocese
- Houston Coalition for Life
- Catholic Counseling & Psychotherapy
- Fidelis Graphics
Houston Catholic Blogs
Houston Secular Links
Catholic News Aggregators
Catholic Online Bibles
Anglican Ordinariate Blogs
- ► 2011 (17)
- ► 2010 (89)
- ► 2009 (100)
- ► 2008 (258)
- ► 2007 (348)
- ► 2006 (546)
- Wiggly Worm
- Watch Out ACLU
- Vatican Doc on Homosexuals in Seminaries
- New Vatican Doc Causes Riots
- The Quotable Chesterton
- Father Corapi On Living The Truth
- Educated Women Choose Religious Life
- Saint Gianna Berreta Molla
- Robert Bork: Slouching Towards Gomorrah
- Rise of the Theocons
- 50 Babies Survive Abortion Each Year (UK)
- The Democratic Party In Crisis
- Meme 'em and Tag 'em
- NY Times Anti-Catholic Past (and still today)
- Homosexuality Triggering HIV Escalation
- Mass Isn't For Entertainment
- Slippery Slope in Massachusetts
- Another Downside To Cohabitation
- 67th Lourdes Miracle Confirmed
- CVSTOS FIDEI...
- Houston Chronicle Promotes Homosexual Agenda
- Boycott Wal-Mart?
- Bear Witness To The Politically Correct
- A Brief History of Jihad
- Pope: Don't Water Down Teachings
- Traditional Marriage Amendment Passed By Texans!
- Chirac Moves Up on Anti-Christ Poll
- U.S. Cites Saudi Arabia On Repression Of Christian...
- Intifadah in France
- PROP 2: VOTE 'FOR'
- Thank You Mr. (Mrs.?) Robinson
- Abraham Foxman The Anti-Christian Bigot
- Abstinence Programs Work
- The Fall of France
- Homosexual Marriage Spurs Social Revolution in Can...
- Homosexual Bishop Slams Catholic Church
- Houston Fugitive Captured!
- Oldest Catholic Church Discovered in Israel
- Dawn of Eurabia
- Eucharist As The Strength Of Martyrs
- Top 10 (potential) Anti-Christs Of The 21st Centur...
- Abortions Across America
- Our City of Houston Government at Work
- Christians Disappearing In Palestine
- The 21st Century Anti-Christ?
- Psalm 111(112)
- Convert and Cradle Catholics
- Pope Praises LARGE Families!
- Remove 'Catholic' Identity From Loretto
- Muslims Riot All Over Europe
- Katelyn Sills Update
- Supreme Court Nominee Samuel Alito
- Anglican Schism Update: Global South Retorts
- Time Magazine's Homosexual Agenda
- Cardinal Arinze
- No Religious Freedom in Iraq
- 15 Year Old Katelyn Sills EXPELLED For Practicing ...
- CVSTOS FIDEI
- ▼ November (59)
Books I Recommend
- The Imitation of Christ by Thomas À Kempis
- Without Roots: The West, Relativism, Christianity, Islam by Pope Benedict XVI & Marcello Pera; Forward by George Weigel, Translated by Michael F. Moore
- Triumph - The Power and the Glory of the Catholic Church, a 2000 Year History by H.W. Crocker, III
- Witness To Hope, The Biography of Pope John Paul II by George Weigel
- Uncommon Faith by John F. Coverdale
- Holy Bible
- A History of Christendom Vols. 1, 2, & 4 by Warren H. Carroll
- Understanding Medjugorje: Heavenly Visions or Religious Illusion? by Donal Anthony Foley
- The Courage to be Catholic by George Weigel
- God's Choice by George Weigel
- Clash of Civilizations by Samuel P. Huntington
- Fr. Tim Finigan
- Richard Collins
- Pro Ecclesia by Jay Anderson
- Father Philip Neri Powell, OP
- Jennifer Fulwiler
- Thomas Peters
- Acts of the Apostasy
- DarwinCatholic - ΙΧΘΥƩ
- Thoughts of a Regular Guy
- A Catholic Mom in Hawaii
- The Curt Jester by Jeff Miller
- The New Liturgical Movement
- Catholic World Report
- Monsignor Charles Pope
- Creative Minority Report
- Mark Shea
- Catholic Blog Directory
- Stand Up and Speak Out
- L.A. Catholic
- Quotes for You
- WI Catholic Musings
- Man with Black Hat
- A Catholic Life
- Adriennes Catholic Corner
- Reflections of a Paralytic
- The Crescat
- Jean Heimann's Catholic Fire
- Dale Price
Catholic Media Links
- Catechism of the Cthlc Church
- Catholics Come Home
- The Holy See - The Vatican
- Courage, SSA apostolate
- St. Paul Cntr: Biblical Theology
- Compendium of the C.C.C.
- Catholic Store Finder
- Institute of Christ the King
- Latin Mass Tutorial
- Musica Sacra
- Clear Creek Monastery
- Nat'l Black Catholic Congress
- Catholic Answers
- Canon Law with Dr. Ed Peters
- Catholic Desktops
- Pope Benedict XVI Fan Club
- Opus Dei
- The Saint Joseph Foundation