I myself come from a semi-large family, but my extended family (only 1st cousins counted) on my mothers side is 75 strong! My grandparents had 12 children and their offspring have brought a blessed number of cousins that I cherish very much. I can only hope that when my time comes that I too will have the ability to support a large family as well! For the article click here and here.
"...the centrality of the family, the foundational cell of society and the first place where life is welcomed and served..."
Thanks for commenting on my blog.
I have had the fortune to live in many areas of the country and I am amazed by the large number of young adults that actually follow the teachings of the Church!
So much that I've decided to start a blog about my personal views on our Faith and the world that happens around me.
As you can tell, I'm of course pro-Life simply because I don't believe in the murder of innocent children. Especially when they never get a chance to even live a single minute!
The Truth is amazing and each day I find something new about my Faith that I am truly amazed at how beautiful and syncretic the Catholic Faith is. Even with the mysteries thrown in!
I'm the kid with the horizontal red and blue stripes.
A large family is arbritary at best. But in my humble opinion I believe at the extreme minimum would be to have 3 children.
2 to replace the parents and the extra one for a vocation!
But without exceptions, I believe a good family size is 4 children and a large family would be 5 children.
I am aiming for 4, but I will be happy with what ever graces God would be kind to bestow on me and my future family!
I'm old enough (46) to remember when a family like mine - I have four sons and a daughter - wouldn't have been considered so very large. It is now, of course, although I know many people who have much larger ones.
The ability to support a large family is much more a function of will than of finances. If you can do without golf, theater tickets, and hotel vacations, and don't mind buying your business clothes on sale and all the other clothes at the Salvation Army, you'll be able to do it. We started on a very small salary, and were able not only to keep food on the table but also to let me be at home with the children. It's all in the priorities.
Get my CVSTOS FIDEI blog posts feed
Personal News Links
Houston Catholic Schools
Houston Catholic Links
- Mass Times for Galveston-Houston
- Knights of Columbus of Texas
- Archdiocese Office of Vocations
- Veritas Catholic Books & Gifts
- Life Advocates
- Pope John Paul II FORUM
- Opus Dei - Chaucer Center
- Fullnes of Truth
- Paradisus Dei
- Galveston-Houston Archdiocese
- Houston Coalition for Life
- Catholic Counseling & Psychotherapy
- Fidelis Graphics
Houston Catholic Blogs
Houston Secular Links
Catholic News Aggregators
Catholic Online Bibles
Anglican Ordinariate Blogs
- ► 2011 (17)
- ► 2010 (89)
- ► 2009 (100)
- ► 2008 (258)
- ► 2007 (348)
- ► 2006 (546)
- Wiggly Worm
- Watch Out ACLU
- Vatican Doc on Homosexuals in Seminaries
- New Vatican Doc Causes Riots
- The Quotable Chesterton
- Father Corapi On Living The Truth
- Educated Women Choose Religious Life
- Saint Gianna Berreta Molla
- Robert Bork: Slouching Towards Gomorrah
- Rise of the Theocons
- 50 Babies Survive Abortion Each Year (UK)
- The Democratic Party In Crisis
- Meme 'em and Tag 'em
- NY Times Anti-Catholic Past (and still today)
- Homosexuality Triggering HIV Escalation
- Mass Isn't For Entertainment
- Slippery Slope in Massachusetts
- Another Downside To Cohabitation
- 67th Lourdes Miracle Confirmed
- CVSTOS FIDEI...
- Houston Chronicle Promotes Homosexual Agenda
- Boycott Wal-Mart?
- Bear Witness To The Politically Correct
- A Brief History of Jihad
- Pope: Don't Water Down Teachings
- Traditional Marriage Amendment Passed By Texans!
- Chirac Moves Up on Anti-Christ Poll
- U.S. Cites Saudi Arabia On Repression Of Christian...
- Intifadah in France
- PROP 2: VOTE 'FOR'
- Thank You Mr. (Mrs.?) Robinson
- Abraham Foxman The Anti-Christian Bigot
- Abstinence Programs Work
- The Fall of France
- Homosexual Marriage Spurs Social Revolution in Can...
- Homosexual Bishop Slams Catholic Church
- Houston Fugitive Captured!
- Oldest Catholic Church Discovered in Israel
- Dawn of Eurabia
- Eucharist As The Strength Of Martyrs
- Top 10 (potential) Anti-Christs Of The 21st Centur...
- Abortions Across America
- Our City of Houston Government at Work
- Christians Disappearing In Palestine
- The 21st Century Anti-Christ?
- Psalm 111(112)
- Convert and Cradle Catholics
- Pope Praises LARGE Families!
- Remove 'Catholic' Identity From Loretto
- Muslims Riot All Over Europe
- Katelyn Sills Update
- Supreme Court Nominee Samuel Alito
- Anglican Schism Update: Global South Retorts
- Time Magazine's Homosexual Agenda
- Cardinal Arinze
- No Religious Freedom in Iraq
- 15 Year Old Katelyn Sills EXPELLED For Practicing ...
- CVSTOS FIDEI
- ▼ November (59)
Books I Recommend
- The Imitation of Christ by Thomas À Kempis
- Without Roots: The West, Relativism, Christianity, Islam by Pope Benedict XVI & Marcello Pera; Forward by George Weigel, Translated by Michael F. Moore
- Triumph - The Power and the Glory of the Catholic Church, a 2000 Year History by H.W. Crocker, III
- Witness To Hope, The Biography of Pope John Paul II by George Weigel
- Uncommon Faith by John F. Coverdale
- Holy Bible
- A History of Christendom Vols. 1, 2, & 4 by Warren H. Carroll
- Understanding Medjugorje: Heavenly Visions or Religious Illusion? by Donal Anthony Foley
- The Courage to be Catholic by George Weigel
- God's Choice by George Weigel
- Clash of Civilizations by Samuel P. Huntington
- Fr. Tim Finigan
- Richard Collins
- Pro Ecclesia by Jay Anderson
- Father Philip Neri Powell, OP
- Jennifer Fulwiler
- Thomas Peters
- Acts of the Apostasy
- DarwinCatholic - ΙΧΘΥƩ
- Thoughts of a Regular Guy
- A Catholic Mom in Hawaii
- The Curt Jester by Jeff Miller
- The New Liturgical Movement
- Catholic World Report
- Monsignor Charles Pope
- Creative Minority Report
- Mark Shea
- Catholic Blog Directory
- Stand Up and Speak Out
- L.A. Catholic
- Quotes for You
- WI Catholic Musings
- Man with Black Hat
- A Catholic Life
- Adriennes Catholic Corner
- Reflections of a Paralytic
- The Crescat
- Jean Heimann's Catholic Fire
- Dale Price
Catholic Media Links
- Catechism of the Cthlc Church
- Catholics Come Home
- The Holy See - The Vatican
- Courage, SSA apostolate
- St. Paul Cntr: Biblical Theology
- Compendium of the C.C.C.
- Catholic Store Finder
- Institute of Christ the King
- Latin Mass Tutorial
- Musica Sacra
- Clear Creek Monastery
- Nat'l Black Catholic Congress
- Catholic Answers
- Canon Law with Dr. Ed Peters
- Catholic Desktops
- Pope Benedict XVI Fan Club
- Opus Dei
- The Saint Joseph Foundation