Monday, August 21, 2006

Greatest Words Ever Told

Taken from the Gospel of St. John:
(48) I am the bread of life. (49) Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and they died. (51) I am the living bread which came down from heaven; if any one eats of this bread, he will live for ever; and the bread which I shall give for the life of the world is my flesh." (53) So Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you; (54) he who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. (55) For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. (56) He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him. (57) As the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so he who eats me will live because of me. (58) This is the bread which came down from heaven, not such as the fathers ate and died; he who eats this bread will live for ever." (60) Many of his disciples, when they heard it, said, "This is a hard saying; who can listen to it?" (61) But Jesus, knowing in himself that his disciples murmured at it, said to them, "Do you take offense at this?"
You search the scriptures, because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness to me; --John 5:39 But there are some of you that do not believe." For Jesus knew from the first who those were that did not believe, and who it was that would betray him. --John 6:64 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but by me." --John 14:6 Pilate said to him, "So you are a king?" Jesus answered, "You say that I am a king. For this I was born, and for this I have come into the world, to bear witness to the truth. Every one who is of the truth hears my voice." --John 18:37 Which of you convicts me of sin? If I tell the truth, why do you not believe me? --John 8:47

2 comments:

It's amazing to me that our Evangelical brothers and sisters demand sticking to strict interpreatation of Scripture until it comes to the Eucharist. These are the only passages that they claim as "symbolism."

Anonymous said...

Thank you Brother Lesser for knowing the truth. You are one of the men who is of the truth that understands Jesus, like many of us Catholics.

God bless.

Post a Comment

Get my CVSTOS FIDEI blog posts feed

Blog Archive

A highly modified template. Powered by Blogger.

Google Analytics