I suspect that if Giuliani is nominated, he will lose. The so-con base will not go out of their way for this guy. Plus Bush is suffering from unpopularity, and I believe without that so-con base, Giuliani will be defeated because of the guilt-by-association.
Too bad I'm Canadian. I can't do much about it. :D
The big news that the liberal media is not exactly shouting from the rooftops - Duncan Hunter was in a virtual three way tie with Rudy, and McCain at the Spartanburg straw poll.
Duncan Hunter is a US Army Ranger veteran of Vietnam, has 2 sons serving in the Marine Corps. Passionately pro-life, and pro-family, a solid congressional record.
AP October 24, 1994 Mayor Rudolph Giuliani rejected his own party's candidate for governor Monday and threw his support behind embattled Democrat Mario Cuomo's bid for a fourth term. . . concerned that Pataki's plan to cut New York's state income tax by 25 percent over four years might mean less state aid to the city. . . "Mario Cuomo will simply be a better governor than George Pataki."
AP August 19, 1994 Giuliani, a former federal prosecutor elected mayor last fall, stood on a stage with Clinton in Minneapolis last week and applauded after the president ripped congressional Republicans who derailed the bill.
AP February 8, 2000 Giuliani has routinely run for mayor with Liberal Party backing. . . "He's wrong on domestic partners, he's wrong on gays in the military, he's wrong on gay rights, he's wrong on rent control, he's wrong on ... we could just go on and on and on," Long said.
AP March 3, 1997 dressed as a woman. . . Giuliani called his feminine alter ego "Rudia." . . . "a Republican pretending to be a Democrat pretending to be a Republican."
AP July 6, 2000 biography of Mayor Rudolph Giuliani claims several members of his family had ties to the mob and that his father fired a gun at a man during a Brooklyn shootout. It also says the law-and-order mayor himself once slugged a guy who ogled his date. . . Giuliani's father, Harold, pleaded guilty and served 18 months in prison for holding up a milkman at gunpoint in the 1930s
AP June 28, 2001 Mayor Rudolph Giuliani, in an effort to escape the strains of his divorce, has forsaken Gracie Mansion for the refuge of a close friend's high-rise apartment, according to published reports. . . apartment is owned by the mayor's friend, Howard Koeppel, a [homosexual] Queens car dealer
UPI February 24, 1982 says living in the suburbs is ''sterile,'' and rural life is a ''joke.'' Koch made the comments in an interview with Playboy magazine . . . Questioned about time wasted in city subways, Koch replied, ''As opposed to wasting time in a car? Or out in the country, wasting time in a pickup truck when you have to drive 20 miles to buy a gingham dress or a Sears Roebuck suit?''
AP March 17, 2006 "If you drive from Schenectady to Niagara ... it looks like Appalachia," Spitzer said . . .Appalachia is a mountainous region with some well-documented, often oppressive rural poverty. It covers all of West Virginia and parts of 12 states, including part of southwestern New York.
NYT June 8, 1994 Brushing aside suggestions of patronage, Mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani yesterday defended the hiring of four relatives to positions in his administration, saying that they were hired because of merit, not family ties. . . hired Catherine Giuliani, who is married to a cousin, also named Rudy Giuliani, as a program coordinator in the Community Assistance Unit
AP April 29, 2008 Rudy Giuliani should not have received Holy Communion during the pope's visit because the former presidential candidate supports abortion rights, New York Cardinal Edward Egan said Monday. Egan says he had "an understanding" with Giuliani that he is not to receive the Eucharist.
AP March 23, 2007 Giuliani's first marriage to his second cousin, Regina Peruggi, ended after 14 years in divorce and later an annulment. His second marriage, to TV personality Donna Hanover, ended in a bitter divorce
AP May 25, 2001 court order barring the mayor's girlfriend, 46-year-old Judith Nathan, from the mansion . . . Hanover is the oldest of four girls born to Gwen Kofnovec and her husband, Bob, a Czech immigrant and lieutenant commander in the Navy. After studying political science at Stanford University, she graduated from Columbia's Graduate School of Journalism
Get my CVSTOS FIDEI blog posts feed
Personal News Links
Houston Catholic Schools
Houston Catholic Links
- Mass Times for Galveston-Houston
- Knights of Columbus of Texas
- Archdiocese Office of Vocations
- Veritas Catholic Books & Gifts
- Life Advocates
- Pope John Paul II FORUM
- Opus Dei - Chaucer Center
- Fullnes of Truth
- Paradisus Dei
- Galveston-Houston Archdiocese
- Houston Coalition for Life
- Catholic Counseling & Psychotherapy
- Fidelis Graphics
Houston Catholic Blogs
Houston Secular Links
Catholic News Aggregators
Catholic Online Bibles
Anglican Ordinariate Blogs
- ► 2011 (17)
- ► 2010 (89)
- ► 2009 (100)
- ► 2008 (258)
- An Angel in St. Peter's Basilica?
- Matrimonial Looniness
- Idem Velle Idem Nolle
- Catholic Convert Aimee Milburn
- Liberation Theology
- Homosexuality is Immoral
- The Quiet Man --Marriage Scene
- Irish #1!... in Binge Drinking
- When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey. When I drin...
- Pope to Guiliani: Abortion 'Non-Negotiable'
- Fr. Euteneuer Cartoon
- Shamrock Day?
- Dear Catholic Blogosphere: No On Rudy Giuliani
- Public Heretic #1
- New Blog: Recapturing Our Catholic Patrimony
- Lenten Meme
- St. Dorothy Day
- 300: Is President Bush King Leonidas?
- Rudy Giuliani Supports Killing Babies
- Action in Prayer!
- Two America's
- Into Great Silence
- Nancy Pelois and Slaves
- What's Wrong With Hip Hop?
- Christian Names
- The Hatred of Christianity by Liberals
- ▼ March (28)
- ► 2006 (546)
Books I Recommend
- The Imitation of Christ by Thomas À Kempis
- Without Roots: The West, Relativism, Christianity, Islam by Pope Benedict XVI & Marcello Pera; Forward by George Weigel, Translated by Michael F. Moore
- Triumph - The Power and the Glory of the Catholic Church, a 2000 Year History by H.W. Crocker, III
- Witness To Hope, The Biography of Pope John Paul II by George Weigel
- Uncommon Faith by John F. Coverdale
- Holy Bible
- A History of Christendom Vols. 1, 2, & 4 by Warren H. Carroll
- Understanding Medjugorje: Heavenly Visions or Religious Illusion? by Donal Anthony Foley
- The Courage to be Catholic by George Weigel
- God's Choice by George Weigel
- Clash of Civilizations by Samuel P. Huntington
- Fr. Tim Finigan
- Richard Collins
- Pro Ecclesia by Jay Anderson
- Father Philip Neri Powell, OP
- Jennifer Fulwiler
- Thomas Peters
- Acts of the Apostasy
- DarwinCatholic - ΙΧΘΥƩ
- Thoughts of a Regular Guy
- A Catholic Mom in Hawaii
- The Curt Jester by Jeff Miller
- The New Liturgical Movement
- Catholic World Report
- Monsignor Charles Pope
- Creative Minority Report
- Mark Shea
- Catholic Blog Directory
- Stand Up and Speak Out
- L.A. Catholic
- Quotes for You
- WI Catholic Musings
- Man with Black Hat
- A Catholic Life
- Adriennes Catholic Corner
- Reflections of a Paralytic
- The Crescat
- Jean Heimann's Catholic Fire
- Dale Price
Catholic Media Links
- Catechism of the Cthlc Church
- Catholics Come Home
- The Holy See - The Vatican
- Courage, SSA apostolate
- St. Paul Cntr: Biblical Theology
- Compendium of the C.C.C.
- Catholic Store Finder
- Institute of Christ the King
- Latin Mass Tutorial
- Musica Sacra
- Clear Creek Monastery
- Nat'l Black Catholic Congress
- Catholic Answers
- Canon Law with Dr. Ed Peters
- Catholic Desktops
- Pope Benedict XVI Fan Club
- Opus Dei
- The Saint Joseph Foundation