Do you not know that if you yield yourselves to any one as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness? For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. --Romans 6:16, 23Recently Father Thomas Euteneuer wrote an article called Sean Hannity's Gospel in Human Life International where Fr. Euteneuer called out Sean Hannity for his promotion of birth control:
"then the repentance I would like to hear out of Sean Hannity's mouth is for his shameless—even scandalous—promotion of birth control."Well Sean Hannity didn't like being called out on his false faith and here is the following clip where Fr. Euteneuer and Sean Hannity 'debating' on Hannity & Colmes: Towards the end of this video clip Father Euteneur was asked by Alan Colmes if he would deny Sean Hannity Communion and Father Euteneur said "I would". The look on Sean Hannity's face is sweet. (for the transcript click here) It doesn't matter what our political allegiances are or where we are born, it is practicing our faith in the world is our defining characteristic that distinguishes Christians from non-Christians. It isn't easy being a Christian, but the rewards of Heaven are certainly enough for this Catholic to practice my faith with love and sincerity in a world of rampant secularism and materialism. For Human Life International, pro-life missionaries to the world, click here. For the Sean Hannity's Gospel by Father Thomas Euteneur click here. To read Father Thomas Euteneur's blog, Spirit & Life, click here. To learn more about Father Thomas Euteneur click here. Catholic Blogosphere Reacts (condemns) Sean Hannity's False Christianity: My Domestic Church has an excellent posting on the logical fallacies, ergo, shouting techniques, of Sean Hannity click here. The Curt Jester sounds off here. For Gazizza.net posting click here. Amy Welborn sounds off in Open Book here. Esther at A Catholic Mom in Hawaii posts here. Gerald at The Cafeteria is Closed posts here.
I used to respect Sean, now I see, him and Rudy are peas in a pod. Hurrah for the good Father though, more like him! I'll pray for Hannity's repentence though it seems he has become he has put his trust in Caseser rather than Christ. It spoke volumnes about Hannity that Alan Colmes, a left-winger and non-Catholic, treated the preist with more respect than "Irish Catholic" Hannity.
It is a sad day when a "Conservative" "Irish" "Catholic" tears into a good orthodox Priest on TV.
Before this current election cycle, I personally held Mr. Hannity in pretty high regard. Now with this I just wanna go hide under a bridge. If I heard "judge not lest ye be judged" one more time, I was going to plug my ears... but now that I think about it, isn't that how its said in the KJV? I wonder which bible Mr. Hannity is reading.
Here is Father Euteneuer's response to the open letter
I cannot believe the arrogance of Sean Hannity!!! He actually thinks we should be gratefull and applauding that he is still willing to be Catholic (although in name only) because of the priest scandal.
My blood is boiling right now!! I am going to pray for him and me....Hail Mary full of grace...
Yeah I gotta admit, after listening to Mr. Hannity I prayed much more for myself than for him. I'm fine with ignorant people doing ignorant things, but when a man educated in the Catholic Church spew this filth... lets just say the devil really does know how to push my buttons.
JOSEPH D'HIPPOLITO SAYS...
If Fr. Euteneuer truly is a man of his word, then he should be spending more time confronting "bishops" like Roger Mahony who barely give assent to "pro-life" issues rather than Hannity, who is not a member of the Church's Magisterium, despite his public position.
Too many of these bishops treat any discussion of abortion as if it were a tar baby, prefering instead to schmooze with big name politicians who will grant them access to the power and prestige that these bishops crave.
Moreover, Fr. Euteneuer should confront Rome publicly for not holding bishops accountable for their "pro-life" hypocracy.
If Jesus Christ can confront the religious leaders of His day publicly, uprightly and forcefully, why can't (or should) Fr. Euteneuer do any less? If the Catherines of Siena, the Francises of Assisi, the Erasmuses and the Thomas Mores can confront corrupt papacies in their respective generations, why can't (or should) he do any less?
Or is Fr. Euteneuer just another one of those "orthodox" Catholics who have been brainwashed into offering blind deference to a corrupt episcopal establishment that isn't worthy of it because it has become a collective abomination before a holy, righteous God?
Regardless of how obnoxious you might find Hannity's opinions and behavior, he's not part of the Magisterium. If Fr. Euteneuer really has any moral courage, he should aim at least some of his fire (if not the bulk of it) at a Catholic Establishment -- and I include the current and late pope in this assessment -- that confuses pretty words with action -- and, in the process, has become hardened to the plight of the innocent.
I'm just happy we have been offered this 'teachable moment' and think Catholics should take this opportunity to admonish the 97% of our own faithful who disobey Humanae Vitae.
I know I did on my blog:
Get my CVSTOS FIDEI blog posts feed
Personal News Links
Houston Catholic Schools
Houston Catholic Links
- Mass Times for Galveston-Houston
- Knights of Columbus of Texas
- Archdiocese Office of Vocations
- Veritas Catholic Books & Gifts
- Life Advocates
- Pope John Paul II FORUM
- Opus Dei - Chaucer Center
- Fullnes of Truth
- Paradisus Dei
- Galveston-Houston Archdiocese
- Houston Coalition for Life
- Catholic Counseling & Psychotherapy
- Fidelis Graphics
Houston Catholic Blogs
Houston Secular Links
Catholic News Aggregators
Catholic Online Bibles
Anglican Ordinariate Blogs
- ► 2011 (17)
- ► 2010 (89)
- ► 2009 (100)
- ► 2008 (258)
- An Angel in St. Peter's Basilica?
- Matrimonial Looniness
- Idem Velle Idem Nolle
- Catholic Convert Aimee Milburn
- Liberation Theology
- Homosexuality is Immoral
- The Quiet Man --Marriage Scene
- Irish #1!... in Binge Drinking
- When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey. When I drin...
- Pope to Guiliani: Abortion 'Non-Negotiable'
- Fr. Euteneuer Cartoon
- Shamrock Day?
- Dear Catholic Blogosphere: No On Rudy Giuliani
- Public Heretic #1
- New Blog: Recapturing Our Catholic Patrimony
- Lenten Meme
- St. Dorothy Day
- 300: Is President Bush King Leonidas?
- Rudy Giuliani Supports Killing Babies
- Action in Prayer!
- Two America's
- Into Great Silence
- Nancy Pelois and Slaves
- What's Wrong With Hip Hop?
- Christian Names
- The Hatred of Christianity by Liberals
- ▼ March (28)
- ► 2006 (546)
Books I Recommend
- The Imitation of Christ by Thomas À Kempis
- Without Roots: The West, Relativism, Christianity, Islam by Pope Benedict XVI & Marcello Pera; Forward by George Weigel, Translated by Michael F. Moore
- Triumph - The Power and the Glory of the Catholic Church, a 2000 Year History by H.W. Crocker, III
- Witness To Hope, The Biography of Pope John Paul II by George Weigel
- Uncommon Faith by John F. Coverdale
- Holy Bible
- A History of Christendom Vols. 1, 2, & 4 by Warren H. Carroll
- Understanding Medjugorje: Heavenly Visions or Religious Illusion? by Donal Anthony Foley
- The Courage to be Catholic by George Weigel
- God's Choice by George Weigel
- Clash of Civilizations by Samuel P. Huntington
- Fr. Tim Finigan
- Richard Collins
- Pro Ecclesia by Jay Anderson
- Father Philip Neri Powell, OP
- Jennifer Fulwiler
- Thomas Peters
- Acts of the Apostasy
- DarwinCatholic - ΙΧΘΥƩ
- Thoughts of a Regular Guy
- A Catholic Mom in Hawaii
- The Curt Jester by Jeff Miller
- The New Liturgical Movement
- Catholic World Report
- Monsignor Charles Pope
- Creative Minority Report
- Mark Shea
- Catholic Blog Directory
- Stand Up and Speak Out
- L.A. Catholic
- Quotes for You
- WI Catholic Musings
- Man with Black Hat
- A Catholic Life
- Adriennes Catholic Corner
- Reflections of a Paralytic
- The Crescat
- Jean Heimann's Catholic Fire
- Dale Price
Catholic Media Links
- Catechism of the Cthlc Church
- Catholics Come Home
- The Holy See - The Vatican
- Courage, SSA apostolate
- St. Paul Cntr: Biblical Theology
- Compendium of the C.C.C.
- Catholic Store Finder
- Institute of Christ the King
- Latin Mass Tutorial
- Musica Sacra
- Clear Creek Monastery
- Nat'l Black Catholic Congress
- Catholic Answers
- Canon Law with Dr. Ed Peters
- Catholic Desktops
- Pope Benedict XVI Fan Club
- Opus Dei
- The Saint Joseph Foundation