I am with you in opposition to Giuliani. Don't forget that McCain and Romney are really no better. If you are looking to unite in opposition to those three, as I've been saying, it needs to be Tancredo or Hunter. Brownback, sadly is in favor of amnesty which would terribly compromise the security and sovereignty of our nation. It is a pro-life issue too. The USCCB is going contrary to the Catechism on this.
Hunter and Tancredo are 100% pro-life and support a Human Life Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, and both are against amnesty by any other name. We need to unite and not compromise on either of these issues.
The more people find out about "front runners" Guiliani and Romney, the more they will discover that they are not conservative and certainly not pro-life.
Sam Brownback is the man conservatives and religious people should be looking to and supporting.
Find out more about Sam Brownback, the true principled conservative over at Blogs4Brownback. We're keeping an eye on the latest Brownback buzz!
I for one am very confused on all of this and may end up not voting for anyone at all. Brownback may be anti-abortion, and so am I, but he's in favor of staying the course in Iraq, insuring the continuation of a killing field for no observable purpose. If Bush had listened to Pope John Paull II we wouldn't have the Iraq problem today and there's no clear evidence that the continued action there is actually draining the terrorist swamp. As far as the amnesty thing is concerned, I'd have to believe that our Catholic beliefs would favor fair and humane treatment of those caught up in what amounts to a global migration, from south to north to escape inhumane living and economic conditions. And perhaps that's where much of the confusion comes in. Perhaps Roman Catholics need to seriously look somewhere else other than the political arena to influence the direction of the U.S. And perhaps another question, one I've been wrestling with, needs be asked, i.e., "American" or "Catholic" first? It seems we're challenged at every election to chose between the least of two evils and seek to chose what's "best" for the U.S., but in each case, we are asked to compromise one or more of the tenets of the faith. Nation-States come and go; the Trinity is eternal.
We need to stand up for our principles and vote for the candidate that best represents what we believe in. If it happens to be a 3rd party candidate without a shot at the White House, then WE should definately vote for that long-shot candidate.
Like Pope John Paul II said, we need to be an active witness of our faith in the world.
Anon, there's the easy thing to do and then there's the right thing to do. You ultimately will need to decide for yourself, but make sure you make an informed decision, the right decision.
If you're concerned about Iraq, as are we all, you might be interested to know that Sam Brownback does not support the "troop surge" because it is not the right answer.
He supports a political solution for Iraq but does not support abandoning our responsibilities. Agree or not, his is the brave and principled position.
Tito, thanks for checking out Blogs4Brownback. We hope you'll check in again from time to time. We're doing what we can for the best conservative in the running.
What else is there to be done?
As you know, I'm with you about Giuliani, McCain and Romney.
I also agree that Hannity needs to shut up about either his dissent from Catholic teaching or else about his Catholicism.
But what's Michelle Malkin done to merit your mention in that context?
I wasn't inferring anything at all, either implicit nor explicit. She's just a well-known Catholic that has argueably the largest following of readers in the blogosphere.
I absolutely have no inclination nor idea where she stands on the Sean Hannity-eating-his-foot-fiasco.
Basically I wasn't trying to single her out for any particular reason.
Get my CVSTOS FIDEI blog posts feed
Personal News Links
Houston Catholic Schools
Houston Catholic Links
- Mass Times for Galveston-Houston
- Knights of Columbus of Texas
- Archdiocese Office of Vocations
- Veritas Catholic Books & Gifts
- Life Advocates
- Pope John Paul II FORUM
- Opus Dei - Chaucer Center
- Fullnes of Truth
- Paradisus Dei
- Galveston-Houston Archdiocese
- Houston Coalition for Life
- Catholic Counseling & Psychotherapy
- Fidelis Graphics
Houston Catholic Blogs
Houston Secular Links
Catholic News Aggregators
Catholic Online Bibles
Anglican Ordinariate Blogs
- ► 2011 (17)
- ► 2010 (89)
- ► 2009 (100)
- ► 2008 (258)
- An Angel in St. Peter's Basilica?
- Matrimonial Looniness
- Idem Velle Idem Nolle
- Catholic Convert Aimee Milburn
- Liberation Theology
- Homosexuality is Immoral
- The Quiet Man --Marriage Scene
- Irish #1!... in Binge Drinking
- When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey. When I drin...
- Pope to Guiliani: Abortion 'Non-Negotiable'
- Fr. Euteneuer Cartoon
- Shamrock Day?
- Dear Catholic Blogosphere: No On Rudy Giuliani
- Public Heretic #1
- New Blog: Recapturing Our Catholic Patrimony
- Lenten Meme
- St. Dorothy Day
- 300: Is President Bush King Leonidas?
- Rudy Giuliani Supports Killing Babies
- Action in Prayer!
- Two America's
- Into Great Silence
- Nancy Pelois and Slaves
- What's Wrong With Hip Hop?
- Christian Names
- The Hatred of Christianity by Liberals
- ▼ March (28)
- ► 2006 (546)
Books I Recommend
- The Imitation of Christ by Thomas À Kempis
- Without Roots: The West, Relativism, Christianity, Islam by Pope Benedict XVI & Marcello Pera; Forward by George Weigel, Translated by Michael F. Moore
- Triumph - The Power and the Glory of the Catholic Church, a 2000 Year History by H.W. Crocker, III
- Witness To Hope, The Biography of Pope John Paul II by George Weigel
- Uncommon Faith by John F. Coverdale
- Holy Bible
- A History of Christendom Vols. 1, 2, & 4 by Warren H. Carroll
- Understanding Medjugorje: Heavenly Visions or Religious Illusion? by Donal Anthony Foley
- The Courage to be Catholic by George Weigel
- God's Choice by George Weigel
- Clash of Civilizations by Samuel P. Huntington
- Fr. Tim Finigan
- Richard Collins
- Pro Ecclesia by Jay Anderson
- Father Philip Neri Powell, OP
- Jennifer Fulwiler
- Thomas Peters
- Acts of the Apostasy
- DarwinCatholic - ΙΧΘΥƩ
- Thoughts of a Regular Guy
- A Catholic Mom in Hawaii
- The Curt Jester by Jeff Miller
- The New Liturgical Movement
- Catholic World Report
- Monsignor Charles Pope
- Creative Minority Report
- Mark Shea
- Catholic Blog Directory
- Stand Up and Speak Out
- L.A. Catholic
- Quotes for You
- WI Catholic Musings
- Man with Black Hat
- A Catholic Life
- Adriennes Catholic Corner
- Reflections of a Paralytic
- The Crescat
- Jean Heimann's Catholic Fire
- Dale Price
Catholic Media Links
- Catechism of the Cthlc Church
- Catholics Come Home
- The Holy See - The Vatican
- Courage, SSA apostolate
- St. Paul Cntr: Biblical Theology
- Compendium of the C.C.C.
- Catholic Store Finder
- Institute of Christ the King
- Latin Mass Tutorial
- Musica Sacra
- Clear Creek Monastery
- Nat'l Black Catholic Congress
- Catholic Answers
- Canon Law with Dr. Ed Peters
- Catholic Desktops
- Pope Benedict XVI Fan Club
- Opus Dei
- The Saint Joseph Foundation