Last month, the Pope issued a magnificently well-written document, Sacramentum Carititatis, ignored by the English bishops, which contained explicit instructions about the greater use of Latin and plain chant. Soon, liberal bishops in Europe and America could find their loyalty really put to the test.The very last paragraph finaly states a reference to impending doom for liberals, I mean, the release of the motu proprio.
Benedict is rumoured to be on the verge of removing restrictions on the celebration of the ancient Tridentine Rite, which liberals see as elitist. For two years, Catholics have wondered what sort of papacy this will turn out to be. Now they are about to find out.For this article from the Telegraph click here. 2. TIME magazine, April 13: TIME magazine of all things secular has jumped on the motu proprio carnival of speculation and is predicting that 'in the coming weeks' that Pope Benedict XVI will allow greater use of the Tridentine rite Mass. Of course being a secular source TIME couldn't hold back on their misconceptions of the papacy and TIME's own liberal and secular leanings by admonishing the Pope for not allowing 'gays' in the seminaries. How appropriate that TIME decided to title this article, "A Step Backward for Pope Benedict". To think that TIME magazine would try to bother to get this correct is to much to hope for *sigh*. TIME go's on to treat Catholicism as if it were a democracy. Disparaging timeless Truth's of the Bible as if they could be improved upon and 'evolve' with the zeitgeist in Synods and council's proclaiming condoms for everyone and wives for poor and unsexed priests. TIME magazine go's on choking on it's own words that not only does Pope Benedict XVI wants to revive Christianity in Europe, but God forbid, a specific kind of Christianity, CATHOLICISM! The nerve of Pope Benedict XVI to think so 'narrow' mindedly.
In addition, Benedict professes a very specific kind of Christianity, one based not only on the teachings of Jesus, but on abiding by the letter of ancient Catholic Church traditions as the only effective bulwark against rampant relativism.The article almost makes you want to laugh as you roll your eyes back (into your head ad nauseum). But the TIME article has provided some interesting information besides the motu proprio speculation. Apparently the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (CDF) has 'privately advised' against liberalizing the use of the Tridentine mass. The current Prefect of the CDF is none other than the former archbishop of San Francisco the notorious and liberal William Cardinal Levada. For the TIME article click here.
3. California Catholic Daily, April 13: Nothing new here. The California Catholic Daily touches on George Cardinal Pell and Tarcisio Cardinal Bertone comments of the impending motu proprio. What is new is that some of the more unorthodox bishops in California such as Bishop Todd Brown has brought back the Tridentine rite Mass in his diocese in Orange county. For the California Catholic Daily article click here.
4. Musings of a Pertinacious Papist, April 14: Dr. Philip Bosser picks up on the motu proprio rumor postings from two weeks ago, but quietly agrees with RORATE CÆLI that regardless of the date and time, the release of the motu proprio will occur.
For the MOAPP posting click here.
And speaking of RORATE CÆLI, no roundup of motu proprio speculation would end without the obligatory RORATE CÆLI rumor posting, but they are probably false (read the very last posting of mine below):
For the RORATE CÆLI posting click here.
Not wanting to burst any one's bubble, but the alleged motu proprio rumor in leads number five (5) through nine (9) are false alarms. So says G. Thomas Fitzpatrick over at Recta Ratio as he quotes a commenter from New Liturgical Movements thread on the motu proprio as follows:
According to the German News of Radio Vatican, Fr. Lombardi (the Holy See's spokesman) said the only topic of the meeting was the situation of the Church in Latin America with regard to the Papal visit to Brazil from 5 to 14 May.
So you could possibly disregard that 'impromptu' meeting between the Holy Father and the head of the dicasteries about the motu proprio as FALSE. IF what that commenter is saying is true, no offense towards New Catholic, Phil Lawler, Dom, Shawn Tribe, and Quintero for pointing the fore mentioned.
For the Recta Ratio posting click here.
UPDATED: OK, I'm done making anymore commentary about the impromptu meeting after reading on the Catholic News Agency this link.
0 comments:Post a Comment
Get my CVSTOS FIDEI blog posts feed
Personal News Links
Houston Catholic Schools
Houston Catholic Links
- Mass Times for Galveston-Houston
- Knights of Columbus of Texas
- Archdiocese Office of Vocations
- Veritas Catholic Books & Gifts
- Life Advocates
- Pope John Paul II FORUM
- Opus Dei - Chaucer Center
- Fullnes of Truth
- Paradisus Dei
- Galveston-Houston Archdiocese
- Houston Coalition for Life
- Catholic Counseling & Psychotherapy
- Fidelis Graphics
Houston Catholic Blogs
Houston Secular Links
Catholic News Aggregators
Catholic Online Bibles
Anglican Ordinariate Blogs
- ► 2011 (17)
- ► 2010 (89)
- ► 2009 (100)
- ► 2008 (258)
- Mainline churches failing to hold the line
- Catholic News-Monday, April 30, 2007 A.D.
- Catholic News-Sat/Sun, April 28/29, 2007 A.D.
- Catholic Ireland Suicide Watch-Threatdown
- Founders Spin- CA says no to kin- and let's hope t...
- Catholic News-Friday, April 27, 2007 A.D.
- Tommy, an Atheist's Journey to God
- Moving On Up . . . And Up
- Catholic News-Thursday, April 26, 2007 A.D.
- Catholic News-Wednesday, April 25, 2007 A.D.
- Bishop Aymond's Scandal: Baby Emilio
- Culture of Death Returns to Mexico (for the time b...
- Custos Fidei's Newest Blogger, Fidei Defensor
- Catholic News for Tuesday, April 24, 2007 A.D.
- Colbert to French Socialists, "Ils ne passeront pa...
- Bill Cork Moving On
- Catholic News for Monday, April 23, 2007 A.D.
- Catholic News for Sunday, April 22, 2007 A.D.
- Pray for The Eldest Daughter
- Redemptive Suffering and Virginia Tech
- New Blogs I Enjoy
- 3.4 Million Attended Papal Audiences in Pope's 2nd...
- Supreme Court Upholds Partial Birth Abortion Ban -...
- No Surprise- VA Killer was an anti-Catholic bigot
- Giuliani Tells Me To Get Over Abortion
- Shooting in VA
- Pontifications Blog Back Up!
- Motu Proprio Weekly Roundup for April 16
- Good Habits
- Why Am I Catholic?
- Susan Jacoby's Ignorance
- Christianity Officially Illegal in Saudi Arabia
- 6 Million Muslims Converts to Christianity
- Motu Proprio Weekly News Roundup for April 9
- Pontifications Blog Hacked?
- Easter in St. Peter's Square
- Pope Helps in Release of Iranian Hostages
- Easter Bunny Spotted in Sumatra
- Christianity Rises in the Modern World
- America's Chamberlain: Peace in Our Time
- What is a Motu Proprio?
- ▼ April (41)
- ► 2006 (546)
Books I Recommend
- The Imitation of Christ by Thomas À Kempis
- Without Roots: The West, Relativism, Christianity, Islam by Pope Benedict XVI & Marcello Pera; Forward by George Weigel, Translated by Michael F. Moore
- Triumph - The Power and the Glory of the Catholic Church, a 2000 Year History by H.W. Crocker, III
- Witness To Hope, The Biography of Pope John Paul II by George Weigel
- Uncommon Faith by John F. Coverdale
- Holy Bible
- A History of Christendom Vols. 1, 2, & 4 by Warren H. Carroll
- Understanding Medjugorje: Heavenly Visions or Religious Illusion? by Donal Anthony Foley
- The Courage to be Catholic by George Weigel
- God's Choice by George Weigel
- Clash of Civilizations by Samuel P. Huntington
- Fr. Tim Finigan
- Richard Collins
- Pro Ecclesia by Jay Anderson
- Father Philip Neri Powell, OP
- Jennifer Fulwiler
- Thomas Peters
- Acts of the Apostasy
- DarwinCatholic - ΙΧΘΥƩ
- Thoughts of a Regular Guy
- A Catholic Mom in Hawaii
- The Curt Jester by Jeff Miller
- The New Liturgical Movement
- Catholic World Report
- Monsignor Charles Pope
- Creative Minority Report
- Mark Shea
- Catholic Blog Directory
- Stand Up and Speak Out
- L.A. Catholic
- Quotes for You
- WI Catholic Musings
- Man with Black Hat
- A Catholic Life
- Adriennes Catholic Corner
- Reflections of a Paralytic
- The Crescat
- Jean Heimann's Catholic Fire
- Dale Price
Catholic Media Links
- Catechism of the Cthlc Church
- Catholics Come Home
- The Holy See - The Vatican
- Courage, SSA apostolate
- St. Paul Cntr: Biblical Theology
- Compendium of the C.C.C.
- Catholic Store Finder
- Institute of Christ the King
- Latin Mass Tutorial
- Musica Sacra
- Clear Creek Monastery
- Nat'l Black Catholic Congress
- Catholic Answers
- Canon Law with Dr. Ed Peters
- Catholic Desktops
- Pope Benedict XVI Fan Club
- Opus Dei
- The Saint Joseph Foundation