Easter Friday Update 2008 A.D.
Catholic News-Easter Tuesday 2008 A.D.
Catholic News-Easter Monday 2008 A.D.
Catholic News-Good Friday 2008 A.D.
Paul Scofield as Sir Thomas More, Rest in Peace
Catholic News-Maundy Thursday 2008 A.D.
Secular News Items of the Day:
By Ed Kaitz of the American Thinker
. . . and . . .
Jeremiah Wright insults Condaleeza Rice
By Ed Lasky of the American Thinker
Last Three Catholic News Postings: For Spy Wednesday Afternoon, March 19, click here.
For Spy Wednesday Morning, March 19, click here. For Holy Tuesday Afternoon, March 18, click here.
(Biretta Tip: Kevin Knight)
More Catholic News-Spy Wednesday 2008 A.D.
2008 Catholic Blog Awards: WDTPRS Wins 9 Categories - CBA
Tiller Admits to Abortions Day Before Delivery - JH Weston, LSN
Say What Mr. Obama? - Jay Anderson, Pro Ecclesia
Some Analyses on Obama's Speech - K.T. Cat, The Scratching Post
Barack Obama’s Excuses Speech – Tito, Custos Fidei
The Children of Hypocrisy, Obama - Ed Lasky, American Thinker
Kelly Clarkson to Sing Ave Maria for Pope - Preston Jones, Sr-Tm
“Long Committed” – Rich Leonardi, Ten Reasons
Homeschoolers Ponder Court Ruling – Robert Kempel, NC Rgstr
John Zmirak Gets a Post at St. Thomas More College - Eric, C&F
Media Silence on the Myth of 'Safe Sex' – Robert Knight, Twnhll
Vatican Plans to Open Church in Saudi Arabia – Tito, Csts Fd
Last Three Catholic News Postings:
For Spy Wednesday Morning, March 19, click here . For Holy Tuesday Afternoon, March 18, click here. For Holy Tuesday Morning, March 18, click here.
(Biretta Tips: Inside Catholic & National Catholic Register)
Catholic News-Spy Wednesday 2008 A.D.
More Catholic News-Holy Tuesday 2008 AD
Barack Obama's Excuses Speech
Catholic News-Holy Tuesday 2008 AD
Barack Obama's Downfall
It is possible that because of the Wright affair Obama will suffer for what he pretended to be, rather than for what he really is.Peter Wehner of the National Review wrote a very succinct article concerning the Reverend Jeremiah Wright and his close association with Barack Obama. Here are some highlights from his article: 1. This is the worst crisis the Obama campaign has faced. It has done deep and perhaps long-term damage by calling into question the judgment and credibility of the junior senator from Illinois. And it badly undermines Obama’s claim that he is a figure who can bind up America’s racial wounds. 2. Senator Obama, whose campaign only last year said that he was “proud of his pastor and his church,” is now saying that he wasn’t aware of the angry, reckless, anti-American, and racially divisive comments by Reverend Wright. But that claim stretches credulity. Reverend Wright, after all, is not a stranger who is offering up a presidential-year endorsement. Wright has instead played a pivotal role in Obama’s life — including marrying Barack and Michelle Obama, baptizing their two children, and inspiring the title of Obama’s second book, The Audacity of Hope. 3. Reverend Wright’s toxic comments may help us better understand the remarks by Michelle Obama that she is proud of America for the first time in her adult life only now that her husband is running for president and that she considers America to be a “outright mean” nation. 4. Senator Obama and some of his supporters have made the plea that he not be made “guilty by association.” What people are asking for is not guilt but responsibility by association — especially an association this long, this deep, this important. 5. We actually have an example of how the MSM plays the “guilt by association” card when it comes to certain political and religious figures. In the 2000 campaign George W. Bush spoke once at Bob Jones University; it was an event used to bludgeon Bush with for the rest of the campaign and into his presidency. And, of course, Bush did not attend Bob Jones University, financially support it, or consider Bob Jones to be his spiritual mentor or close friend for 25 years. Yet these things mattered not at all. Bush spoke at Bob Jones University — and so to many in the press, he was joined at the hip with it. The association between Reverend Wright and Senator Obama is far deeper in every respect. For Peter Wehner of the National Review's article click here. For Spengler of the Asia Times click here. (Biretta Tips: American Thinker & RealClearPolitics)
Catholic News-Holy Monday 2008 AD
Vatican Plans to Open Church in Saudi Arabia
The Vatican is in negotiations with Saudi Arabia to open the first Catholic church in the kingdom. Archbishop Mounged El-Hachem, the papal envoy to Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Yemen and the United Arab Emirates said talks had started a few weeks ago, in the wake of King Abdullah’s visit to Pope Benedict last November. Currently, all Saudi citizens are required by law to be Muslim, and the Mutaween, or religious police, strictly prohibits the public practice of non-Muslim religions. The last Christian priest was expelled from the kingdom in 1985. However, the Vatican’s relationship with the Muslim world is improving rapidly, and Qatar opened its first Catholic church on Sunday. Mgr El-Hachem said a church in Saudi Arabia would be an important sign of “reciprocity” between the faiths. Cardinal Jean-Louis Tauran, the Vatican's head of relations with Islam, has established a permanent body for dialogue between the religions. However, he criticised the Archbishop of Canterbury for going too far in suggesting elements of Sharia law would inevitably be incorporated into the British legal system.Dar al-Islam here we come! To read the rest of the story click here.
More Catholic News-Palm Sunday (2008 AD)
Catholic News-Palm Sunday (3-16-2008 AD)
Catholic News-Saturday, March 15, 2008 AD
Catholic News-Friday, March 14, 2008 AD
Get my CVSTOS FIDEI blog posts feed
Personal News Links
Frequently Used Links
Houston Catholic Schools
Houston Catholic Links
- Mass Times for Galveston-Houston
- Knights of Columbus of Texas
- Archdiocese Office of Vocations
- Veritas Catholic Books & Gifts
- Life Advocates
- Pope John Paul II FORUM
- Opus Dei - Chaucer Center
- Fullnes of Truth
- Paradisus Dei
- Galveston-Houston Archdiocese
- Houston Coalition for Life
- Catholic Counseling & Psychotherapy
- Fidelis Graphics
Houston Catholic Blogs
Houston Secular Links
Catholic News Aggregators
Catholic Online Bibles
Singles & Young Adults
Anglican Ordinariate Blogs
- ► 2011 (17)
- ► 2010 (89)
- ► 2009 (100)
- Easter Friday Update 2008 A.D.
- Catholic News-Easter Tuesday 2008 A.D.
- Catholic News-Easter Monday 2008 A.D.
- Catholic News-Good Friday 2008 A.D.
- Paul Scofield as Sir Thomas More, Rest in Peace
- Catholic News-Maundy Thursday 2008 A.D.
- More Catholic News-Spy Wednesday 2008 A.D.
- Catholic News-Spy Wednesday 2008 A.D.
- More Catholic News-Holy Tuesday 2008 AD
- Barack Obama's Excuses Speech
- Catholic News-Holy Tuesday 2008 AD
- Barack Obama's Downfall
- Catholic News-Holy Monday 2008 AD
- Vatican Plans to Open Church in Saudi Arabia
- More Catholic News-Palm Sunday (2008 AD)
- Catholic News-Palm Sunday (3-16-2008 AD)
- Catholic News-Saturday, March 15, 2008 AD
- Catholic News-Friday, March 14, 2008 AD
- Catholic News-Thursday, March 13, 2008 AD
- Cardinal Mahony Honors Heretic Nun
- Catholic News-Wednesday, March 12, 2008 AD
- Catholic News-Tuesday, March 11, 2008 AD
- Catholic News-Monday, March 10, 2008 AD
- Catholic News-Sunday, March 9, 2008 AD
- "A Shepherd's Care"
- Catholic News-Friday, March 7, 2008 AD
- Catholic News-Thursday, March 6, 2008 AD
- Obama's Grandmother is a Christian Now?
- Catholic News-Wednesday, March 5, 2008 AD
- Catholic News-Tuesday, March 4, 2008 AD
- More Catholic News-Monday (3-3-2008 AD)
- U.S. Election Watch, Monday (3-3-2008 AD)
- Catholic News-Monday, March 3, 2008 AD
- ▼ March (33)
- ► 2007 (348)
- ► 2006 (546)
Books I Recommend
- The Imitation of Christ by Thomas À Kempis
- Without Roots: The West, Relativism, Christianity, Islam by Pope Benedict XVI & Marcello Pera; Forward by George Weigel, Translated by Michael F. Moore
- Triumph - The Power and the Glory of the Catholic Church, a 2000 Year History by H.W. Crocker, III
- Witness To Hope, The Biography of Pope John Paul II by George Weigel
- Uncommon Faith by John F. Coverdale
- Holy Bible
- A History of Christendom Vols. 1, 2, & 4 by Warren H. Carroll
- Understanding Medjugorje: Heavenly Visions or Religious Illusion? by Donal Anthony Foley
- The Courage to be Catholic by George Weigel
- God's Choice by George Weigel
- Clash of Civilizations by Samuel P. Huntington
- Fr. Tim Finigan
- Richard Collins
- Pro Ecclesia by Jay Anderson
- Father Philip Neri Powell, OP
- Jennifer Fulwiler
- Thomas Peters
- Acts of the Apostasy
- DarwinCatholic - ΙΧΘΥƩ
- Thoughts of a Regular Guy
- A Catholic Mom in Hawaii
- The Curt Jester by Jeff Miller
- The New Liturgical Movement
- Catholic World Report
- Monsignor Charles Pope
- Creative Minority Report
- Mark Shea
- Catholic Blog Directory
- Stand Up and Speak Out
- L.A. Catholic
- Quotes for You
- WI Catholic Musings
- Man with Black Hat
- A Catholic Life
- Adriennes Catholic Corner
- Reflections of a Paralytic
- The Crescat
- Jean Heimann's Catholic Fire
- Dale Price
Catholic TV Links
Catholic Radio Links
Catholic Media Links
- Catechism of the Cthlc Church
- Catholics Come Home
- The Holy See - The Vatican
- Courage, SSA apostolate
- St. Paul Cntr: Biblical Theology
- Compendium of the C.C.C.
- Catholic Store Finder
- Institute of Christ the King
- Latin Mass Tutorial
- Musica Sacra
- Clear Creek Monastery
- Nat'l Black Catholic Congress
- Catholic Answers
- Canon Law with Dr. Ed Peters
- Catholic Desktops
- Pope Benedict XVI Fan Club
- Opus Dei
- The Saint Joseph Foundation