Friday, August 11, 2006

Tridentine Mass at Annunciation Church (Houston)

Annunciation Church here in Houston is the only church in the entire Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston that has the Roman Rite Mass. More popularly known as the Tridentine Mass. Msgr. James L. Golasinski is the Pastor of this fine church. There is two daily Masses with five (5) on Sunday. All of these Masses are all Novus Ordo with the exception of the Sunday 8:00 am Mass which is worth it. Parishioners come as far away as College Station to attend this beautiful liturgical Mass. Annunciation Church is located on 1618 Texas Avenue off of Crawford Street just across from Minute Maid Park where the Houston Astros baseball club play. For more information click here and here. To locate Annunciation Church on a map click here. For more pictures of this exquisite church click here.

5 comments:

Matthew said...

If I lived in the State of Texas I would go there! How I wish to have a Tridentine Mass near me. I am certainly praying that I will be allowed to offer it as a priest.

Excellent post, Tito. Keep up the good work!

There are several places near Oldenburg, Indiana that offer this, but it is too far for me to travel. How wonderful that you're able to attend.

Anonymous said...

I'll be in Indianapolis for work soon. Are there any there that celebrate this Mass?

I live in Beaumont, Texas and attend St. Anthony Cathedral Basilica. Unfortunately, there is no Tridentine Rite celebrated in the Diocese of Beaumont. So, once a month, I make the two hour drive to Annunciation Parish.

Post a Comment

Get my CVSTOS FIDEI blog posts feed

Blog Archive

A highly modified template. Powered by Blogger.

Google Analytics