Wednesday, October 4, 2006

On the Corruption of Nature, and the Power of Grace

People, mostly liberals, like to say that the 2nd most popular and widely read book after the Holy Bible is Cervantes, 'Don Quixote'. Well, that isn't the case. The second most widely read book after the Holy Bible is 'The Imitation of Christ' by Thomas A Kempis. A friend of mine gave me this book to read and I have finally begun to finish reading this very fine book. This is a book on Thomas A Kempis reflections of the love of God. It has brought me closer to my faith, more than I thought I could have imagined. It is a source of heart-felt personal prayer of the meditations on the life and teachings of Jesus. Here is a small excerpt that sheds a light on the holiness of the entire book:

Within my being I can feel the power of sin contending against the rule of my mind, leading me away an obedient slave to all kinds of sensuality. I cannot resist its onslaughts, unless Your most holy grace is poured glowing into my heart to help me.

To learn more about Thomas A Kempis click here. To read the online book click here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Get my CVSTOS FIDEI blog posts feed

Blog Archive

A highly modified template. Powered by Blogger.

Google Analytics