Monday, October 17, 2005

Examining Mormonism

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, as Mormons call themselves, is one of the fastest growing religions in the U.S. as well as the world. My personal interactions with Mormons have almost always been quite positive. Through my personal journey (and growth) in my Faith I have begun to understand my coreligionists where they come from and what they believe in. From my personal understanding Mormons have an 'interesting' and 'unique' perspective on how they practice Christianity. In fact, many people question whether Mormons can be called Christians since many of their sacred tenets disqualify them from even being Christian. I don't believe they are technically Christian, but, again in my personal interactions, Mormons do a much better job than most Christians in behaving like a good Christian should. They are very family-oriented and to a fault will go out of their way to make you feel comfortable, thus truly living the life a Christian in all respects. I know that I look up to Mormons in general because of how they live their lives with love, happiness, and a general cheerfulness that we should all follow. Catholic Exchange has an article by Mary Kochan that touches on the major points of the tenets of Mormonism and how they compare and contrast with what Catholics and most Protestants believe in. For the article click here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Get my CVSTOS FIDEI blog posts feed

Blog Archive

A highly modified template. Powered by Blogger.

Google Analytics