Tuesday, October 24, 2006
Conversion stories have always interested me. All kinds of conversion stories. Whether they are lapsed Catholics reverting back to our faith or evangelicals such as Steve Ray. But converts from Islam to Christianity fascinate me the most. Probably because they are not as well known as the others due to several factors. Number one being that those who convert face death, persecution, and rejection from their (former) peers. How sad that an allegedly great faith such as Islam has no confidence whatsoever in what it stands for. Such is the case of Bahaa el-Din Ahmed Hussein el-Akkad (Bahaa) of Egype who was a former Islamic scholar and sheikh. Yes, a sheikh.
For more than 20 years, the former sheikh was a member of the fundamentalist Islamic group Tabligh and Da’wa, which actively proselytized non-Muslims but strictly opposed violence.Bahaa converted in 2005 and was immediately detained by the notorious State Security Investigation (SSI) indefinately with no charges. The charges were finally revealed as "committing blasphemy against Islam". He has been in jail for over 18 months now and counting. He is rotting in one of Egypts worst jails, the Wadi el-Natroun Prison where most of Egypts worse Islamic militants are jailed in spartan conditions out in the desert.
"He is locked in a place where he may die because his age, body and mind cannot tolerate this cruelty and stubbornness of the state security authorities,"He is 57 years old and is unable to cope with his surroundings at his age. His conversion arised from his disillusionment of Islam.
"This is a proof to all Muslims,” El-Akkad wrote, “that the person who studies the two religions from an objective and serious perspective will choose the Christian approach."Let us pray for his safe and quick release from jail. Let us pray also for all those that have converted to Christianity in the Middle East but have kept it a secret due to a fear of losing their lives. Finaly let us pray that Egypt, as well as the rest of the Islamic world, will allow freedom of worship in their respective countries. For more on this article click here.
0 comments:Post a Comment
Get my CVSTOS FIDEI blog posts feed
Personal News Links
Houston Catholic Schools
Houston Catholic Links
- Mass Times for Galveston-Houston
- Knights of Columbus of Texas
- Archdiocese Office of Vocations
- Veritas Catholic Books & Gifts
- Life Advocates
- Pope John Paul II FORUM
- Opus Dei - Chaucer Center
- Fullnes of Truth
- Paradisus Dei
- Galveston-Houston Archdiocese
- Houston Coalition for Life
- Catholic Counseling & Psychotherapy
- Fidelis Graphics
Houston Catholic Blogs
Houston Secular Links
Catholic News Aggregators
Catholic Online Bibles
Anglican Ordinariate Blogs
- ► 2011 (17)
- ► 2010 (89)
- ► 2009 (100)
- ► 2008 (258)
- ► 2007 (348)
- Gone in 60 Seconds with Sphinx
- More Support for the Tridentine Mass
- From the Front Lines
- Bright Sun
- Monastery Reality Show
- Simpsons: Catholic Heaven vs. Protestant Heaven
- Michael J. Fox vs. Unborn Children
- The Husband’s Duties in the Home
- U. of St. Thomas (Houston) Gains National Ranking
- Praying for an End to Abortion in Houston
- The Beginning of the End for Europe
- The Mystery of Fatherhood
- Bishop Olmsted Shames Orthopraxy Bishops
- Missouri: Vote 'NO' on 2
- Egyptian Imprisoned for Converting to Christianity...
- 12 Questions Catholic Should Be Able to Answer
- BBC Admits to More Anti-Christianity Coverage
- Houston's Abortion Front Lines
- Four Little Words Meme
- Missouri to Vote on Nazi Eugenics Law
- Europe Needs to Return to Their Christian Roots
- Spinal Growth Opportunities for the USCCB
- ASA Rejects Anti-Christian Defamation Allegation
- Jesus Protects Buffalo Family
- Stewardess Suspended for Wearing Cross
- Russian Christians Impact in Sacramento
- France Outlaws Denial of The Armenian Genocide
- Churchill on Islam
- Baptists, Catholics, and Jews, Oh My!
- Toddlers Galore!
- Almost Friday
- Priests Rebel Against Cardinal Egan
- Keep The (Catholic) Faith
- All Saints Day Meme
- A Lazy Wednesday
- Pope To Meet Top Turkish Muslim Cleric
- Pope Benedict XVI Rumored to Ease Latin Mass Restr...
- Devon Rivers Awakes From Permanent Vegetative Stat...
- Bigger Families Returning?
- Liberals and Their Hypocrisy
- Islamic Philosophical Thought
- What Do The Nazi's and Planned Parenthood Have in ...
- How We Must Follow Christ's Way of the Cross in Se...
- Belief and Understanding by St. Augustine
- BBC Admits Anti-Pope Bias
- Victim of Columbine Speaks Out
- The French Intifada
- Colbert on the Pope's Speech
- YouTube Cowers to CAIR
- Turkish Hijacker Is Christian, Seeking Pope's Inte...
- On the Corruption of Nature, and the Power of Grac...
- Iran: The Family of a Martyred Christian Arrested
- The NAB Leans Pro-Abortion?
- Statue of Virgin Mary Attacked
- 25 Worst Websites by PC World: #1 MySpace.com
- Who Brought The Cat?
- 40 Days For Life
- Free Bibles, The Horror!
- Mass Music: Cheesy Foil Groups
- BBC Documentary Bashes the Church
- The Liberal Jesus
- Catholic-Orthodox Dialogue
- ▼ October (62)
Books I Recommend
- The Imitation of Christ by Thomas À Kempis
- Without Roots: The West, Relativism, Christianity, Islam by Pope Benedict XVI & Marcello Pera; Forward by George Weigel, Translated by Michael F. Moore
- Triumph - The Power and the Glory of the Catholic Church, a 2000 Year History by H.W. Crocker, III
- Witness To Hope, The Biography of Pope John Paul II by George Weigel
- Uncommon Faith by John F. Coverdale
- Holy Bible
- A History of Christendom Vols. 1, 2, & 4 by Warren H. Carroll
- Understanding Medjugorje: Heavenly Visions or Religious Illusion? by Donal Anthony Foley
- The Courage to be Catholic by George Weigel
- God's Choice by George Weigel
- Clash of Civilizations by Samuel P. Huntington
- Fr. Tim Finigan
- Richard Collins
- Pro Ecclesia by Jay Anderson
- Father Philip Neri Powell, OP
- Jennifer Fulwiler
- Thomas Peters
- Acts of the Apostasy
- DarwinCatholic - ΙΧΘΥƩ
- Thoughts of a Regular Guy
- A Catholic Mom in Hawaii
- The Curt Jester by Jeff Miller
- The New Liturgical Movement
- Catholic World Report
- Monsignor Charles Pope
- Creative Minority Report
- Mark Shea
- Catholic Blog Directory
- Stand Up and Speak Out
- L.A. Catholic
- Quotes for You
- WI Catholic Musings
- Man with Black Hat
- A Catholic Life
- Adriennes Catholic Corner
- Reflections of a Paralytic
- The Crescat
- Jean Heimann's Catholic Fire
- Dale Price
A highly modified template. Powered by Blogger.
Catholic Media Links
- Catechism of the Cthlc Church
- Catholics Come Home
- The Holy See - The Vatican
- Courage, SSA apostolate
- St. Paul Cntr: Biblical Theology
- Compendium of the C.C.C.
- Catholic Store Finder
- Institute of Christ the King
- Latin Mass Tutorial
- Musica Sacra
- Clear Creek Monastery
- Nat'l Black Catholic Congress
- Catholic Answers
- Canon Law with Dr. Ed Peters
- Catholic Desktops
- Pope Benedict XVI Fan Club
- Opus Dei
- The Saint Joseph Foundation