This is a very uneducated statement. Stem cell research comes from embryos that are not being used. As unfortunate as abortion is, it is apart of our life. Should we not allow a tragedy turn into somethin good? Do you think God would have provided us with these cells and the knowledge of how to use them, if it was so wrong to do so. By disallowing Stem Cell Research, abortion will not end. As for when ebryos from a fertility clinic are used, those are ebryos that are not longer going to be used, or able to be used to create a pregnancy. I, personally, am vehmenatly opposed to abortion, but having three relatives with MS, one with Parkinsons, two with Alzheimers, five with Diabeties, and one with Cerebral Palsy, I have to believe God would support this. But, alas, God Bless America, you do not have to agree.
I probably should have been more prescient with my analysis. I was trying to use a rhetorical device to address a deep moral and theological question and that is should we play God?
Before addressing this question I want to clarify a few of your assertions.
First of all embryos should not be used period for stem cell research. There are enough stem cells that can be used from discarded umbilical chords.
Second is that there is no research period (at all) that has proven that we can develop/created/deduce/surmise that stem cell research will bring cures to the diseases you have mentioned.
Second of all, if concerned Americans of the 1960s took the same attitude that you are taking to the issue of abortion, then segregation is 'unfortunate but a part of life' as you so stated eloquantly.
Abortion is unacceptable period. An unborn childs life is above and beyond the primary issue of our lifetime when it comes to abortion.
Turning a tragedy into something good is commendable, but when we purposely create this tragedy of killing unborn children then the means do not justify the ends.
Now back to 'playing God', again, the means (embryos at fertility clinics) does not justify the ends of using these stem cells for gortesque experiments. Why if PETA complains about using lab rats to further human understanding why should we not complain about using humans in grotesque experiments for human understanding (sic).
As far as your relatives are concerned, God bless them and your family. God did not allow your family to suffer so you can go ahead and cheapen human existance and extinguish life to better theirs.
Ever heard of 'redemptive suffering'?
These video blogs are doing GREAT things for the pro-life movement! Have you seen the one by the young rap musician? It's about his mother being pregnant with him? If you haven't seen it, check it out on my blog http://www.whatiseeandhear.blogspot.com
and if you like it, you can You Tube link it onto your blog, too. It is very powerful, especially to show to teens and young adults.
Keep up the good work!
PS. To Mach 1 and all the others hoping for a cure through stem cell research:
If you really, sincerely are looking for real hope (not false hope), then get mad about the money that is NOT going to adult stem-cell research, which has actually shown some potential!
Just a thought...
...is Michael J. Fox even an American? I believe he is from Canada and a Canadian citizen. So technicaly he is asking Americans to fork over millions, possibly billions, and to play God in order to placate his misguided and selfish reasons...from a Canadian.
Assuming he is still a Canadian citizen.
Get my CVSTOS FIDEI blog posts feed
Personal News Links
Houston Catholic Schools
Houston Catholic Links
- Mass Times for Galveston-Houston
- Knights of Columbus of Texas
- Archdiocese Office of Vocations
- Veritas Catholic Books & Gifts
- Life Advocates
- Pope John Paul II FORUM
- Opus Dei - Chaucer Center
- Fullnes of Truth
- Paradisus Dei
- Galveston-Houston Archdiocese
- Houston Coalition for Life
- Catholic Counseling & Psychotherapy
- Fidelis Graphics
Houston Catholic Blogs
Houston Secular Links
Catholic News Aggregators
Catholic Online Bibles
Anglican Ordinariate Blogs
- ► 2011 (17)
- ► 2010 (89)
- ► 2009 (100)
- ► 2008 (258)
- ► 2007 (348)
- Gone in 60 Seconds with Sphinx
- More Support for the Tridentine Mass
- From the Front Lines
- Bright Sun
- Monastery Reality Show
- Simpsons: Catholic Heaven vs. Protestant Heaven
- Michael J. Fox vs. Unborn Children
- The Husband’s Duties in the Home
- U. of St. Thomas (Houston) Gains National Ranking
- Praying for an End to Abortion in Houston
- The Beginning of the End for Europe
- The Mystery of Fatherhood
- Bishop Olmsted Shames Orthopraxy Bishops
- Missouri: Vote 'NO' on 2
- Egyptian Imprisoned for Converting to Christianity...
- 12 Questions Catholic Should Be Able to Answer
- BBC Admits to More Anti-Christianity Coverage
- Houston's Abortion Front Lines
- Four Little Words Meme
- Missouri to Vote on Nazi Eugenics Law
- Europe Needs to Return to Their Christian Roots
- Spinal Growth Opportunities for the USCCB
- ASA Rejects Anti-Christian Defamation Allegation
- Jesus Protects Buffalo Family
- Stewardess Suspended for Wearing Cross
- Russian Christians Impact in Sacramento
- France Outlaws Denial of The Armenian Genocide
- Churchill on Islam
- Baptists, Catholics, and Jews, Oh My!
- Toddlers Galore!
- Almost Friday
- Priests Rebel Against Cardinal Egan
- Keep The (Catholic) Faith
- All Saints Day Meme
- A Lazy Wednesday
- Pope To Meet Top Turkish Muslim Cleric
- Pope Benedict XVI Rumored to Ease Latin Mass Restr...
- Devon Rivers Awakes From Permanent Vegetative Stat...
- Bigger Families Returning?
- Liberals and Their Hypocrisy
- Islamic Philosophical Thought
- What Do The Nazi's and Planned Parenthood Have in ...
- How We Must Follow Christ's Way of the Cross in Se...
- Belief and Understanding by St. Augustine
- BBC Admits Anti-Pope Bias
- Victim of Columbine Speaks Out
- The French Intifada
- Colbert on the Pope's Speech
- YouTube Cowers to CAIR
- Turkish Hijacker Is Christian, Seeking Pope's Inte...
- On the Corruption of Nature, and the Power of Grac...
- Iran: The Family of a Martyred Christian Arrested
- The NAB Leans Pro-Abortion?
- Statue of Virgin Mary Attacked
- 25 Worst Websites by PC World: #1 MySpace.com
- Who Brought The Cat?
- 40 Days For Life
- Free Bibles, The Horror!
- Mass Music: Cheesy Foil Groups
- BBC Documentary Bashes the Church
- The Liberal Jesus
- Catholic-Orthodox Dialogue
- ▼ October (62)
Books I Recommend
- The Imitation of Christ by Thomas À Kempis
- Without Roots: The West, Relativism, Christianity, Islam by Pope Benedict XVI & Marcello Pera; Forward by George Weigel, Translated by Michael F. Moore
- Triumph - The Power and the Glory of the Catholic Church, a 2000 Year History by H.W. Crocker, III
- Witness To Hope, The Biography of Pope John Paul II by George Weigel
- Uncommon Faith by John F. Coverdale
- Holy Bible
- A History of Christendom Vols. 1, 2, & 4 by Warren H. Carroll
- Understanding Medjugorje: Heavenly Visions or Religious Illusion? by Donal Anthony Foley
- The Courage to be Catholic by George Weigel
- God's Choice by George Weigel
- Clash of Civilizations by Samuel P. Huntington
- Fr. Tim Finigan
- Richard Collins
- Pro Ecclesia by Jay Anderson
- Father Philip Neri Powell, OP
- Jennifer Fulwiler
- Thomas Peters
- Acts of the Apostasy
- DarwinCatholic - ΙΧΘΥƩ
- Thoughts of a Regular Guy
- A Catholic Mom in Hawaii
- The Curt Jester by Jeff Miller
- The New Liturgical Movement
- Catholic World Report
- Monsignor Charles Pope
- Creative Minority Report
- Mark Shea
- Catholic Blog Directory
- Stand Up and Speak Out
- L.A. Catholic
- Quotes for You
- WI Catholic Musings
- Man with Black Hat
- A Catholic Life
- Adriennes Catholic Corner
- Reflections of a Paralytic
- The Crescat
- Jean Heimann's Catholic Fire
- Dale Price
Catholic Media Links
- Catechism of the Cthlc Church
- Catholics Come Home
- The Holy See - The Vatican
- Courage, SSA apostolate
- St. Paul Cntr: Biblical Theology
- Compendium of the C.C.C.
- Catholic Store Finder
- Institute of Christ the King
- Latin Mass Tutorial
- Musica Sacra
- Clear Creek Monastery
- Nat'l Black Catholic Congress
- Catholic Answers
- Canon Law with Dr. Ed Peters
- Catholic Desktops
- Pope Benedict XVI Fan Club
- Opus Dei
- The Saint Joseph Foundation