This country is in a moral free-fall. For over two generations, the public school system has taught in a moral vacuum, expelling God from the school and from the government, replacing him with evolution, where the strong kill the weak, without moral consequences and life has no inherent value.He made this point on the CBS Evening News with Katie Couric in the segment called freeSpeech. Yes, the very same liberal anchor and broadcasting network. To her liberal fanbase, she made up for it by calling Mr. Rohrbough's statement as "repugnant" in reference to the many email complaints on her blog concerning this. Regardless, if it wasn't for the new media, this particular segment would have never appeared on her news program. (Hat Tip: Dave Pierre on NewsBusters) For the rest of Mr. Rohrhough's statement click here. For the video of Mr. Rohrbough's statement click here.
He makes a valid point, in that there has been a moral collapse in many Western nations -- the U.S. is not exempt, although in some senses they are better than most.
But as valid as his point is overall, I can't help but cringe at his evocation of "evolution" as the root cause of all this trouble.
Evolution really has nothing to do with it. The various moral/sexual/societal liberalisms that were so voiciferously championed by the generation of the 60s have much more to do with the current problems.
The way in which God saw fit to make man is simply the way in which God saw fit to make man; it is blameless. Man is to blame.
Though the way I read it was a hit on Darwinism and the expolation from his theory of evolution. Which also inspired Margaret Sanger and eugenics. Which of course has brought us the 'pill', abortion mills, and the Holocaust.
All in my opinion interrelated to the theories that Darwin espoused at making man 'less human'.
I'll agree that Darwinism -- although we must be careful when using that term, for it certainly precludes any professional-level discussion of ideology -- in its typical meaning is a terrible thing, but that is because it takes what is nothing more than a reasonable scientific theory (and one quite well supported, at all but the micro-organic level, by reams of evidence) and attempts to apply it to social situations and social policies.
Which, of course, is an absurdity. And which, as you point out, has brought us numerour horrors.
The theory remains blameless; the blame falls squarely on the shoulders of those who twist and contort it to fit situations it cannot be used to describe.
Like Adolph Hitler, Jose Luis Rodriquez Zapatero, Margaret Sanger, Karl Marx, Joseph Stalin, Vladimir Lenin, Jacque Chirac, Walter Cronkite, et al.
They all adhere to social Darwinism and have either had terrible consequences or are enacting terrible policies or promoting these terrible policies.
Get my CVSTOS FIDEI blog posts feed
Personal News Links
Houston Catholic Schools
Houston Catholic Links
- Mass Times for Galveston-Houston
- Knights of Columbus of Texas
- Archdiocese Office of Vocations
- Veritas Catholic Books & Gifts
- Life Advocates
- Pope John Paul II FORUM
- Opus Dei - Chaucer Center
- Fullnes of Truth
- Paradisus Dei
- Galveston-Houston Archdiocese
- Houston Coalition for Life
- Catholic Counseling & Psychotherapy
- Fidelis Graphics
Houston Catholic Blogs
Houston Secular Links
Catholic News Aggregators
Catholic Online Bibles
Anglican Ordinariate Blogs
- ► 2011 (17)
- ► 2010 (89)
- ► 2009 (100)
- ► 2008 (258)
- ► 2007 (348)
- Gone in 60 Seconds with Sphinx
- More Support for the Tridentine Mass
- From the Front Lines
- Bright Sun
- Monastery Reality Show
- Simpsons: Catholic Heaven vs. Protestant Heaven
- Michael J. Fox vs. Unborn Children
- The Husband’s Duties in the Home
- U. of St. Thomas (Houston) Gains National Ranking
- Praying for an End to Abortion in Houston
- The Beginning of the End for Europe
- The Mystery of Fatherhood
- Bishop Olmsted Shames Orthopraxy Bishops
- Missouri: Vote 'NO' on 2
- Egyptian Imprisoned for Converting to Christianity...
- 12 Questions Catholic Should Be Able to Answer
- BBC Admits to More Anti-Christianity Coverage
- Houston's Abortion Front Lines
- Four Little Words Meme
- Missouri to Vote on Nazi Eugenics Law
- Europe Needs to Return to Their Christian Roots
- Spinal Growth Opportunities for the USCCB
- ASA Rejects Anti-Christian Defamation Allegation
- Jesus Protects Buffalo Family
- Stewardess Suspended for Wearing Cross
- Russian Christians Impact in Sacramento
- France Outlaws Denial of The Armenian Genocide
- Churchill on Islam
- Baptists, Catholics, and Jews, Oh My!
- Toddlers Galore!
- Almost Friday
- Priests Rebel Against Cardinal Egan
- Keep The (Catholic) Faith
- All Saints Day Meme
- A Lazy Wednesday
- Pope To Meet Top Turkish Muslim Cleric
- Pope Benedict XVI Rumored to Ease Latin Mass Restr...
- Devon Rivers Awakes From Permanent Vegetative Stat...
- Bigger Families Returning?
- Liberals and Their Hypocrisy
- Islamic Philosophical Thought
- What Do The Nazi's and Planned Parenthood Have in ...
- How We Must Follow Christ's Way of the Cross in Se...
- Belief and Understanding by St. Augustine
- BBC Admits Anti-Pope Bias
- Victim of Columbine Speaks Out
- The French Intifada
- Colbert on the Pope's Speech
- YouTube Cowers to CAIR
- Turkish Hijacker Is Christian, Seeking Pope's Inte...
- On the Corruption of Nature, and the Power of Grac...
- Iran: The Family of a Martyred Christian Arrested
- The NAB Leans Pro-Abortion?
- Statue of Virgin Mary Attacked
- 25 Worst Websites by PC World: #1 MySpace.com
- Who Brought The Cat?
- 40 Days For Life
- Free Bibles, The Horror!
- Mass Music: Cheesy Foil Groups
- BBC Documentary Bashes the Church
- The Liberal Jesus
- Catholic-Orthodox Dialogue
- ▼ October (62)
Books I Recommend
- The Imitation of Christ by Thomas À Kempis
- Without Roots: The West, Relativism, Christianity, Islam by Pope Benedict XVI & Marcello Pera; Forward by George Weigel, Translated by Michael F. Moore
- Triumph - The Power and the Glory of the Catholic Church, a 2000 Year History by H.W. Crocker, III
- Witness To Hope, The Biography of Pope John Paul II by George Weigel
- Uncommon Faith by John F. Coverdale
- Holy Bible
- A History of Christendom Vols. 1, 2, & 4 by Warren H. Carroll
- Understanding Medjugorje: Heavenly Visions or Religious Illusion? by Donal Anthony Foley
- The Courage to be Catholic by George Weigel
- God's Choice by George Weigel
- Clash of Civilizations by Samuel P. Huntington
- Fr. Tim Finigan
- Richard Collins
- Pro Ecclesia by Jay Anderson
- Father Philip Neri Powell, OP
- Jennifer Fulwiler
- Thomas Peters
- Acts of the Apostasy
- DarwinCatholic - ΙΧΘΥƩ
- Thoughts of a Regular Guy
- A Catholic Mom in Hawaii
- The Curt Jester by Jeff Miller
- The New Liturgical Movement
- Catholic World Report
- Monsignor Charles Pope
- Creative Minority Report
- Mark Shea
- Catholic Blog Directory
- Stand Up and Speak Out
- L.A. Catholic
- Quotes for You
- WI Catholic Musings
- Man with Black Hat
- A Catholic Life
- Adriennes Catholic Corner
- Reflections of a Paralytic
- The Crescat
- Jean Heimann's Catholic Fire
- Dale Price
Catholic Media Links
- Catechism of the Cthlc Church
- Catholics Come Home
- The Holy See - The Vatican
- Courage, SSA apostolate
- St. Paul Cntr: Biblical Theology
- Compendium of the C.C.C.
- Catholic Store Finder
- Institute of Christ the King
- Latin Mass Tutorial
- Musica Sacra
- Clear Creek Monastery
- Nat'l Black Catholic Congress
- Catholic Answers
- Canon Law with Dr. Ed Peters
- Catholic Desktops
- Pope Benedict XVI Fan Club
- Opus Dei
- The Saint Joseph Foundation