Friday, April 20, 2007
Every day there is a new Catholic blog popping somewhere around the world, if not more, so it's difficult to keep up. In fact it's near impossible for one person to do. So I don't mean to leave anyone out when I say the Catholic Report by David J. Hartline is an excellent Catholic resource. The Catholic Report doesn't seem like much at first glance, but after stumbling across some of Dave's articles I've come to really enjoy reading his blog. In fact it's barely a blog at all. So much so that I have his blog listed under my 'Favorite Catholic News' blog roll. Each day without fail he lists anywhere between 3-5 news postings concerning Catholicism, simple enough. Yeah you can get the same over at the Cafeteria is Closed, but his is different. His site is chalked full of links for everything Catholic on the left with his daily news links, and short commentary for each link, contained in the main body of his blog. It was also a nice surprise that he is also the author of The Tide is Turning Toward Catholicism. A book I picked up recently and read in two days time. Not that the book was short, but that it was engrossing! To be concise, the book details the many signs in the world today of a springtime in the Catholic Church. Back to his blog. Being a former Director of Marketing I will say that his blog is smartly put together. A nice header showing St. Peter's Basilica and the U.S. Capitol. It's spiffy, Catholic, and a nicely put together Catholic (news) blog. Another blog that I want to mention is A Catholic Mom in Hawaii. I'm a homer here since I grew up in Hawaii, but Esther has done a wonderful job of putting together a devotional type of blog sprinkled with Catholic snippets of news as well as touching on local Hawaii interests as well. Speaking of being a homer, I want to also mention a blog by my favorite married couple here in Houston, Peter & Sarah over at Recapturing Our Catholic Patrimony. A blog highlighting the many treasures in our beautiful Catholic faith that has been largely ignored since Vatican II. This devout Catholic couple blog about saints and how they practice their faith in the world. They even have a nice little feature called, 'Dear Traddie', that fields questions from readers concerning anything Catholic such as the wearing of mantillas during Mass to the use of Holy water at home. A delightful and orthodox blog for anyone wanting to learn more about the great patrimony of our faith. And finally a quick plug for Christina over at Confessions of a Crazy Schoolmarm. She blogs about almost anything and everything that she encounters in her daily life. What makes her stand out is that she does her research and writes very smart and sophisticated blog postings that any layman can read! She recently moved to Houston with her hubbie, oh, her husband also has his own blog called Ad Altare Dei. I think you all may have heard of him! For the Catholic Report click here. For A Catholic Mom in Hawaii click here. For Recapturing Our Catholic Patrimony click here. For Confessions of a Crazy Schoolmarm click here. For Ad Altare Dei click here.
Dave Hartline said...
Thanks for the kind words. I am glad you enjoyed my book as well. Keep up the good work!
Get my CVSTOS FIDEI blog posts feed
Personal News Links
Houston Catholic Schools
Houston Catholic Links
- Mass Times for Galveston-Houston
- Knights of Columbus of Texas
- Archdiocese Office of Vocations
- Veritas Catholic Books & Gifts
- Life Advocates
- Pope John Paul II FORUM
- Opus Dei - Chaucer Center
- Fullnes of Truth
- Paradisus Dei
- Galveston-Houston Archdiocese
- Houston Coalition for Life
- Catholic Counseling & Psychotherapy
- Fidelis Graphics
Houston Catholic Blogs
Houston Secular Links
Catholic News Aggregators
Catholic Online Bibles
Anglican Ordinariate Blogs
- ► 2011 (17)
- ► 2010 (89)
- ► 2009 (100)
- ► 2008 (258)
- Mainline churches failing to hold the line
- Catholic News-Monday, April 30, 2007 A.D.
- Catholic News-Sat/Sun, April 28/29, 2007 A.D.
- Catholic Ireland Suicide Watch-Threatdown
- Founders Spin- CA says no to kin- and let's hope t...
- Catholic News-Friday, April 27, 2007 A.D.
- Tommy, an Atheist's Journey to God
- Moving On Up . . . And Up
- Catholic News-Thursday, April 26, 2007 A.D.
- Catholic News-Wednesday, April 25, 2007 A.D.
- Bishop Aymond's Scandal: Baby Emilio
- Culture of Death Returns to Mexico (for the time b...
- Custos Fidei's Newest Blogger, Fidei Defensor
- Catholic News for Tuesday, April 24, 2007 A.D.
- Colbert to French Socialists, "Ils ne passeront pa...
- Bill Cork Moving On
- Catholic News for Monday, April 23, 2007 A.D.
- Catholic News for Sunday, April 22, 2007 A.D.
- Pray for The Eldest Daughter
- Redemptive Suffering and Virginia Tech
- New Blogs I Enjoy
- 3.4 Million Attended Papal Audiences in Pope's 2nd...
- Supreme Court Upholds Partial Birth Abortion Ban -...
- No Surprise- VA Killer was an anti-Catholic bigot
- Giuliani Tells Me To Get Over Abortion
- Shooting in VA
- Pontifications Blog Back Up!
- Motu Proprio Weekly Roundup for April 16
- Good Habits
- Why Am I Catholic?
- Susan Jacoby's Ignorance
- Christianity Officially Illegal in Saudi Arabia
- 6 Million Muslims Converts to Christianity
- Motu Proprio Weekly News Roundup for April 9
- Pontifications Blog Hacked?
- Easter in St. Peter's Square
- Pope Helps in Release of Iranian Hostages
- Easter Bunny Spotted in Sumatra
- Christianity Rises in the Modern World
- America's Chamberlain: Peace in Our Time
- What is a Motu Proprio?
- ▼ April (41)
- ► 2006 (546)
Books I Recommend
- The Imitation of Christ by Thomas À Kempis
- Without Roots: The West, Relativism, Christianity, Islam by Pope Benedict XVI & Marcello Pera; Forward by George Weigel, Translated by Michael F. Moore
- Triumph - The Power and the Glory of the Catholic Church, a 2000 Year History by H.W. Crocker, III
- Witness To Hope, The Biography of Pope John Paul II by George Weigel
- Uncommon Faith by John F. Coverdale
- Holy Bible
- A History of Christendom Vols. 1, 2, & 4 by Warren H. Carroll
- Understanding Medjugorje: Heavenly Visions or Religious Illusion? by Donal Anthony Foley
- The Courage to be Catholic by George Weigel
- God's Choice by George Weigel
- Clash of Civilizations by Samuel P. Huntington
- Fr. Tim Finigan
- Richard Collins
- Pro Ecclesia by Jay Anderson
- Father Philip Neri Powell, OP
- Jennifer Fulwiler
- Thomas Peters
- Acts of the Apostasy
- DarwinCatholic - ΙΧΘΥƩ
- Thoughts of a Regular Guy
- A Catholic Mom in Hawaii
- The Curt Jester by Jeff Miller
- The New Liturgical Movement
- Catholic World Report
- Monsignor Charles Pope
- Creative Minority Report
- Mark Shea
- Catholic Blog Directory
- Stand Up and Speak Out
- L.A. Catholic
- Quotes for You
- WI Catholic Musings
- Man with Black Hat
- A Catholic Life
- Adriennes Catholic Corner
- Reflections of a Paralytic
- The Crescat
- Jean Heimann's Catholic Fire
- Dale Price
A highly modified template. Powered by Blogger.
Catholic Media Links
- Catechism of the Cthlc Church
- Catholics Come Home
- The Holy See - The Vatican
- Courage, SSA apostolate
- St. Paul Cntr: Biblical Theology
- Compendium of the C.C.C.
- Catholic Store Finder
- Institute of Christ the King
- Latin Mass Tutorial
- Musica Sacra
- Clear Creek Monastery
- Nat'l Black Catholic Congress
- Catholic Answers
- Canon Law with Dr. Ed Peters
- Catholic Desktops
- Pope Benedict XVI Fan Club
- Opus Dei
- The Saint Joseph Foundation