Thursday, April 5, 2007
A day cannot pass when you come across some sort of news of the decline of Christianity or how irrelevant it is in today's 'world'. Of course we as Christians know that Jesus won't allow this (Mt16:18). But still, our worldly friends and acquaintances smugly snicker at us or behind our backs since we seem to weak to think or stand for ourselves, so we need our Christian faith to support us. Still, this doesn't stop them, the liberals/secularists/homosexuals from doing all they can to wipe out Christianity from public discourse. 40+ years of American liberals controlling our public school system in America in which the Bible was eliminated from study and where failed philosophies of communism, liberalism, and relativism to new philosophies & ideas of environmentalism, homosexuality, and multiculturalism are constantly being force-fed to our children has produced some of the most illiterate Americans relative to the rest of the industrialized world. We even see lapse Catholics attack the faith here in the United States! Liberals love to use the Catholic church as shining examples of proactive public citizens, but then chastise the very same church when they speak out on issues these liberals loath. Over in England you have the secularists and homosexual lobbies wanting to put government controls on religion in order to eliminate Christianity. It's already happening when police interrogate a mother of young boy who wrote 'gay' in an email! Despite the efforts of the political left Christianity seems to not only endure, but to grow and even flourish. Even the infamous Jesus Seminar of forty years back that attempted to deconstruct Jesus has largely been marginalized and discredited because of the Bible being able to sustain attack after attack only to come away even more validated to the point of debunking naysayers. The constant attempt at discrediting the Resurrection of Jesus with false ossuaries, wild-eyed theories of deceit, and most recently the notorious Da Vinci Code has fallen against the witness of Christ and his followers. Of course this brings about the reactionary liberal backlash of frustration, disillusionment, and even more anger and hatred to anything Christian. Though the same can't be said for our Christian brothers in Europe, even there, there seems to be a reawakening of the faith. This reawakening has brought about Chancellor Angela Merkel's lobbying of a greater presence of Christianity in the European Union (EU) where there is none now. This reawakening has even caused a stir in the halls of high liberalism such as the European Parliament in which Pope Benedict XVI has been invited to address them. It just doesn't stop there in Europe, we see the first Christian church being built in the Arabian peninsular country of Qatar in 14 centuries! The very same Arabian peninsula where the Muslims wiped out the last vestiges of Christianity in the 19th century under the current rulers of Saudi Arabia. Even here in the United States Catholics are wanting a greater voice of faith in public discourse. To much chagrin of their fellow secularist/homosexual/liberal Americans. Yes, Christianity is rising in the modern world and this Holy Week is a time of reflection and prayer in thanking God for giving us His only Son in order to redeemed of our sins and to help in spreading of our beautiful Catholic faith. To read about Jesus' victory click here.
To read about Homosexual licentious behavior gone bad click here.
To read the illiteracy of America's children click here. To read about lapse Catholics attacking the faith click here.
To read liberal politicians attacking Catholic Church click here. To read about government controls on Christianity click here. To read police harassment of Christians in UK click here. To read the victory of the Bible over liberal debunkers click here. To read about the Da Vinci Code's failure click here. To read about the reawakening of Christianity in Europe click here. To read about Merkel's attempt click here. To read about the Pope addressing Europe's Parliament click here. To read about the first church in Qatar click here. To read about more faith in public discourse click here.
0 comments:Post a Comment
Get my CVSTOS FIDEI blog posts feed
Personal News Links
Houston Catholic Schools
Houston Catholic Links
- Mass Times for Galveston-Houston
- Knights of Columbus of Texas
- Archdiocese Office of Vocations
- Veritas Catholic Books & Gifts
- Life Advocates
- Pope John Paul II FORUM
- Opus Dei - Chaucer Center
- Fullnes of Truth
- Paradisus Dei
- Galveston-Houston Archdiocese
- Houston Coalition for Life
- Catholic Counseling & Psychotherapy
- Fidelis Graphics
Houston Catholic Blogs
Houston Secular Links
Catholic News Aggregators
Catholic Online Bibles
Anglican Ordinariate Blogs
- ► 2011 (17)
- ► 2010 (89)
- ► 2009 (100)
- ► 2008 (258)
- Mainline churches failing to hold the line
- Catholic News-Monday, April 30, 2007 A.D.
- Catholic News-Sat/Sun, April 28/29, 2007 A.D.
- Catholic Ireland Suicide Watch-Threatdown
- Founders Spin- CA says no to kin- and let's hope t...
- Catholic News-Friday, April 27, 2007 A.D.
- Tommy, an Atheist's Journey to God
- Moving On Up . . . And Up
- Catholic News-Thursday, April 26, 2007 A.D.
- Catholic News-Wednesday, April 25, 2007 A.D.
- Bishop Aymond's Scandal: Baby Emilio
- Culture of Death Returns to Mexico (for the time b...
- Custos Fidei's Newest Blogger, Fidei Defensor
- Catholic News for Tuesday, April 24, 2007 A.D.
- Colbert to French Socialists, "Ils ne passeront pa...
- Bill Cork Moving On
- Catholic News for Monday, April 23, 2007 A.D.
- Catholic News for Sunday, April 22, 2007 A.D.
- Pray for The Eldest Daughter
- Redemptive Suffering and Virginia Tech
- New Blogs I Enjoy
- 3.4 Million Attended Papal Audiences in Pope's 2nd...
- Supreme Court Upholds Partial Birth Abortion Ban -...
- No Surprise- VA Killer was an anti-Catholic bigot
- Giuliani Tells Me To Get Over Abortion
- Shooting in VA
- Pontifications Blog Back Up!
- Motu Proprio Weekly Roundup for April 16
- Good Habits
- Why Am I Catholic?
- Susan Jacoby's Ignorance
- Christianity Officially Illegal in Saudi Arabia
- 6 Million Muslims Converts to Christianity
- Motu Proprio Weekly News Roundup for April 9
- Pontifications Blog Hacked?
- Easter in St. Peter's Square
- Pope Helps in Release of Iranian Hostages
- Easter Bunny Spotted in Sumatra
- Christianity Rises in the Modern World
- America's Chamberlain: Peace in Our Time
- What is a Motu Proprio?
- ▼ April (41)
- ► 2006 (546)
Books I Recommend
- The Imitation of Christ by Thomas À Kempis
- Without Roots: The West, Relativism, Christianity, Islam by Pope Benedict XVI & Marcello Pera; Forward by George Weigel, Translated by Michael F. Moore
- Triumph - The Power and the Glory of the Catholic Church, a 2000 Year History by H.W. Crocker, III
- Witness To Hope, The Biography of Pope John Paul II by George Weigel
- Uncommon Faith by John F. Coverdale
- Holy Bible
- A History of Christendom Vols. 1, 2, & 4 by Warren H. Carroll
- Understanding Medjugorje: Heavenly Visions or Religious Illusion? by Donal Anthony Foley
- The Courage to be Catholic by George Weigel
- God's Choice by George Weigel
- Clash of Civilizations by Samuel P. Huntington
- Fr. Tim Finigan
- Richard Collins
- Pro Ecclesia by Jay Anderson
- Father Philip Neri Powell, OP
- Jennifer Fulwiler
- Thomas Peters
- Acts of the Apostasy
- DarwinCatholic - ΙΧΘΥƩ
- Thoughts of a Regular Guy
- A Catholic Mom in Hawaii
- The Curt Jester by Jeff Miller
- The New Liturgical Movement
- Catholic World Report
- Monsignor Charles Pope
- Creative Minority Report
- Mark Shea
- Catholic Blog Directory
- Stand Up and Speak Out
- L.A. Catholic
- Quotes for You
- WI Catholic Musings
- Man with Black Hat
- A Catholic Life
- Adriennes Catholic Corner
- Reflections of a Paralytic
- The Crescat
- Jean Heimann's Catholic Fire
- Dale Price
A highly modified template. Powered by Blogger.
Catholic Media Links
- Catechism of the Cthlc Church
- Catholics Come Home
- The Holy See - The Vatican
- Courage, SSA apostolate
- St. Paul Cntr: Biblical Theology
- Compendium of the C.C.C.
- Catholic Store Finder
- Institute of Christ the King
- Latin Mass Tutorial
- Musica Sacra
- Clear Creek Monastery
- Nat'l Black Catholic Congress
- Catholic Answers
- Canon Law with Dr. Ed Peters
- Catholic Desktops
- Pope Benedict XVI Fan Club
- Opus Dei
- The Saint Joseph Foundation