I understand your loathing of the man who did this but please remember that he is still a child of God's. And I suspect that He is just as sorry for the gunman who got so lost in sin, as those who He welcomed home. I am sure you are right that he is lost to the fires of Hell but it may help our souls to pray for him anyway and any others who may be following in his footsteps that they may be led from the darkness of their lives. I am angry at the gunman - there were people who tried to save him as I understand, but I also pity him, that he allowed himself to be tricked by Satan. I hope I am not too harsh in admonishing you, I just become concerned when people talk about how angry they are at people who do these terrible things. I agree anger is necessary, but also let us be mericful and pray for their souls too, they obviously have been damaged severely.
Karie, no worries, you raise good points in a charitable fashion, the gist of what I am saying here is that a secular society like ours can't call a spade a spade and it bothers me. I think it was Dr. Phil who said that this guy was a "psychopath" and "that is the closest word psycholligsts have for the concept of 'evil.'" I think we see so much of this "evil" because key people in our society don't like it. Listen to secularists bemoan the way Regan called the USSR the "evil empire," or the way Bush calls terrorists "evil do-ers."
From a theological perspective you are right, but I mean as a society, we can't be afraid to point out evil, we can't worry about stepping on secular toes.
Get my CVSTOS FIDEI blog posts feed
Personal News Links
Houston Catholic Schools
Houston Catholic Links
- Mass Times for Galveston-Houston
- Knights of Columbus of Texas
- Archdiocese Office of Vocations
- Veritas Catholic Books & Gifts
- Life Advocates
- Pope John Paul II FORUM
- Opus Dei - Chaucer Center
- Fullnes of Truth
- Paradisus Dei
- Galveston-Houston Archdiocese
- Houston Coalition for Life
- Catholic Counseling & Psychotherapy
- Fidelis Graphics
Houston Catholic Blogs
Houston Secular Links
Catholic News Aggregators
Catholic Online Bibles
Anglican Ordinariate Blogs
- ► 2011 (17)
- ► 2010 (89)
- ► 2009 (100)
- ► 2008 (258)
- Mainline churches failing to hold the line
- Catholic News-Monday, April 30, 2007 A.D.
- Catholic News-Sat/Sun, April 28/29, 2007 A.D.
- Catholic Ireland Suicide Watch-Threatdown
- Founders Spin- CA says no to kin- and let's hope t...
- Catholic News-Friday, April 27, 2007 A.D.
- Tommy, an Atheist's Journey to God
- Moving On Up . . . And Up
- Catholic News-Thursday, April 26, 2007 A.D.
- Catholic News-Wednesday, April 25, 2007 A.D.
- Bishop Aymond's Scandal: Baby Emilio
- Culture of Death Returns to Mexico (for the time b...
- Custos Fidei's Newest Blogger, Fidei Defensor
- Catholic News for Tuesday, April 24, 2007 A.D.
- Colbert to French Socialists, "Ils ne passeront pa...
- Bill Cork Moving On
- Catholic News for Monday, April 23, 2007 A.D.
- Catholic News for Sunday, April 22, 2007 A.D.
- Pray for The Eldest Daughter
- Redemptive Suffering and Virginia Tech
- New Blogs I Enjoy
- 3.4 Million Attended Papal Audiences in Pope's 2nd...
- Supreme Court Upholds Partial Birth Abortion Ban -...
- No Surprise- VA Killer was an anti-Catholic bigot
- Giuliani Tells Me To Get Over Abortion
- Shooting in VA
- Pontifications Blog Back Up!
- Motu Proprio Weekly Roundup for April 16
- Good Habits
- Why Am I Catholic?
- Susan Jacoby's Ignorance
- Christianity Officially Illegal in Saudi Arabia
- 6 Million Muslims Converts to Christianity
- Motu Proprio Weekly News Roundup for April 9
- Pontifications Blog Hacked?
- Easter in St. Peter's Square
- Pope Helps in Release of Iranian Hostages
- Easter Bunny Spotted in Sumatra
- Christianity Rises in the Modern World
- America's Chamberlain: Peace in Our Time
- What is a Motu Proprio?
- ▼ April (41)
- ► 2006 (546)
Books I Recommend
- The Imitation of Christ by Thomas À Kempis
- Without Roots: The West, Relativism, Christianity, Islam by Pope Benedict XVI & Marcello Pera; Forward by George Weigel, Translated by Michael F. Moore
- Triumph - The Power and the Glory of the Catholic Church, a 2000 Year History by H.W. Crocker, III
- Witness To Hope, The Biography of Pope John Paul II by George Weigel
- Uncommon Faith by John F. Coverdale
- Holy Bible
- A History of Christendom Vols. 1, 2, & 4 by Warren H. Carroll
- Understanding Medjugorje: Heavenly Visions or Religious Illusion? by Donal Anthony Foley
- The Courage to be Catholic by George Weigel
- God's Choice by George Weigel
- Clash of Civilizations by Samuel P. Huntington
- Fr. Tim Finigan
- Richard Collins
- Pro Ecclesia by Jay Anderson
- Father Philip Neri Powell, OP
- Jennifer Fulwiler
- Thomas Peters
- Acts of the Apostasy
- DarwinCatholic - ΙΧΘΥƩ
- Thoughts of a Regular Guy
- A Catholic Mom in Hawaii
- The Curt Jester by Jeff Miller
- The New Liturgical Movement
- Catholic World Report
- Monsignor Charles Pope
- Creative Minority Report
- Mark Shea
- Catholic Blog Directory
- Stand Up and Speak Out
- L.A. Catholic
- Quotes for You
- WI Catholic Musings
- Man with Black Hat
- A Catholic Life
- Adriennes Catholic Corner
- Reflections of a Paralytic
- The Crescat
- Jean Heimann's Catholic Fire
- Dale Price
Catholic Media Links
- Catechism of the Cthlc Church
- Catholics Come Home
- The Holy See - The Vatican
- Courage, SSA apostolate
- St. Paul Cntr: Biblical Theology
- Compendium of the C.C.C.
- Catholic Store Finder
- Institute of Christ the King
- Latin Mass Tutorial
- Musica Sacra
- Clear Creek Monastery
- Nat'l Black Catholic Congress
- Catholic Answers
- Canon Law with Dr. Ed Peters
- Catholic Desktops
- Pope Benedict XVI Fan Club
- Opus Dei
- The Saint Joseph Foundation