Monday, September 11, 2006

9/11 Remembered

I was eating breakfast in the dining room of a hotel in Seattle around 6:00 am when I first noticed one of the twin towers emanating smoke. I was watching the BBC News network when I saw the second plane hit and I knew right there that this was war. I'm an amateur historian and keep up with current events and I first thought it was terrorists but I wasn't sure whom. Regardless, I called up my other colleagues who were still sleeping and told them to turn on the television set. Needless to say later that evening we were all quite in shock as to what had occurred. I was the only American in the group amongst two Canadians and a British citizen. This was certainly a momentous time in my life, but something more profound would affect me a few years later. I'll pray a Mystery tonight for the victims of 9/11.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Get my CVSTOS FIDEI blog posts feed

Blog Archive

A highly modified template. Powered by Blogger.

Google Analytics