Monday, January 9, 2006

Catholics in Red China, Vatican over State?

Before I dive into this blog posting, I just wanted to update my avid readers that my laptop is now no more useful than a door stop. So I will be blogging from various libraries across the great city of Houston. Hence why I hadn't posted anything this past weekend. Bare with me as I take apart my sophisticated door stop and attempt to 'fix it'. In the meantime, enjoy the following well thought out rant: The article on ZENIT goes over an interview with Bishop Joseph Zen Ze-kiun of Hong Kong. They covered the hot topics of the two Catholic 'churches' in Communist, ie, Red, China. As well as the late Pope John Paul the Great's request to visit. Of interest in this article is the dynamics of the underground Church that is loyal to the Vatican and the official state apparatus called the Patriotic Association of Catholics. The Vatican in all its shrewdness began approving many state appointed Bishops and priests. This has brought into effect that those religious not approved by the Vatican have been rendered marginalized. Up to 85% of the state appointed religious are approved by the Vatican. The remaining 15% are clamoring for papal approval because the faithful in their parishes and bishoprics do not recognize their authority. I have to say, that Pope John Paul the Great is one crafty cagey Catholic! For the rest of the article click here.


Post a Comment

Get my CVSTOS FIDEI blog posts feed

Blog Archive

A highly modified template. Powered by Blogger.

Google Analytics