Conde: Bless me Father, for I have sinned. I called Catholicam Speluncam Masculum "Sarge". I now know that referring to any Marine as such usually warrants instant death.
In my defense, I didn't know that the word "Sarge" sent Marines, especially retired Master Sergeants of Marines climbing the wall.
Pater Catholicam Speluncam Masculum: You did well to confess your sin, my son. For your Pennance, 3 Rosaries; a pilgrimage to The Alamo in honor of Blessed Duke Wayne; and 500 push-ups.
Te Absolvo etc, etc.
In all seriousness... I look forward to hearing how thing went for you ate the Latin Mass. Just remember, immmerse yourself. The silence is deafening.
I think the 6am is Novus Ordo, the Abp. Fiorenza only permitted one indult per week.
Looking forward to seeing you there. If you find me in the pews I have a missal I can loan you.
My daughter (age 16) is on her way toward confirmation. She really disliked her religious ed class, because they really didn't teach her anything she didn't already know. So we went to the pastor and asked if I could home-school her in religious ed.
The pastor agreed, and for my daughter, it was "be careful what you wish for". She's had a couple papers to write, one of which was defining Nestorianism, and the council that addressed it.
We have a "religious ed" field trip planned in a couple of weeks. It is to the local indult mass which is also at 8:00am. We both have our pre-1962 Missals, and we're ready to go. I'm wondering if I'll be able to convince my "liberated" daughter to wear a hat or chapel veil. ;)
I served in the pre-Vatican II mass, as an altar boy. My daughter has never seen one.
A couple of years ago, she showed some interest in wiccanism. I think it had a lot to do with the use of ceremony, symbolism, incense, candles and chant.
I want to show her that Catholics can do these things much better than any pagans. :)
My Dears, I just wanted to point out an error in the article. The latin mass was not first used in the third century in North Africa. As written in the scritures, Rome was already a very large and leading community in the time of the apostles, and the first latin mass was said by St Peter when he was bishop of the city. He was in fact Bishop of Rome for 27 years.
Get my CVSTOS FIDEI blog posts feed
Personal News Links
Houston Catholic Schools
Houston Catholic Links
- Mass Times for Galveston-Houston
- Knights of Columbus of Texas
- Archdiocese Office of Vocations
- Veritas Catholic Books & Gifts
- Life Advocates
- Pope John Paul II FORUM
- Opus Dei - Chaucer Center
- Fullnes of Truth
- Paradisus Dei
- Galveston-Houston Archdiocese
- Houston Coalition for Life
- Catholic Counseling & Psychotherapy
- Fidelis Graphics
Houston Catholic Blogs
Houston Secular Links
Catholic News Aggregators
Catholic Online Bibles
Anglican Ordinariate Blogs
- ► 2011 (17)
- ► 2010 (89)
- ► 2009 (100)
- ► 2008 (258)
- ► 2007 (348)
- Latin Mass, The Comeback
- Cardinal: Europe On Its Deathbed
- Culture of Life Victory: Alito Confirmed
- Rugova Converted to Catholicism
- 2006 Catholic Blog Nominations Now Underway
- New Hampshire Targets Confessional
- Pope U.S. Visit in 2007!
- Conde Update for 1-30-06 A.D.
- Prelude to Clash
- Shake Up in Anti-Christ Poll
- Hamas, Islamic Resistance Movement
- Hitler's Muslim
- Hollywood Doesn't Get It
- Cartoon of the Day 1-29-06 A.D.
- Blogroll Round Up 1-27-06 A.D.
- Christian Love
- Houston 1836
- Catholic Priest Blesses Hooters
- Joke of the Day: Cowboy Up!
- Religion Flourishes Worldwide
- No Communion for Cohabiting Couples
- Catholicism and the Modern Age
- NBC Cancels "The Book of Daniel"
- Winning the Culture Wars... ...Not So Fast
- France Awakens?
- March For Life No Show
- Congratulations Canada!
- CVSTOS FIDEI Update
- New York City the Capital of the Culture of Death
- Thought Police in Europe
- Pope Soda Pop: Orangina
- American Idiot
- Thought of the Day: Pro-Choice Catholics
- Praised be Jesus Christ, our Crucified and Risen L...
- Europe May Force Priests To Marry Homosexuals
- Scott Adams on the Haj Stampede
- No, Not French Benefits, Nobody Benefits From Bein...
- Pope Assails Legal Status of Non-Marital Unions
- Pro-Life Ads Defaced In San Francisco
- Thought of the Day: Romanian Roman Catholics
- Lourdes reports its 53,655th Stampede-Free Day
- University of Wisconsin Bans Bible Study
- Pope Meets With Beslan Children
- Planned Parenthood Mocks Catholics
- Death of Europe
- Consumer Sex
- Catholic Campus Ministry Association Conference in...
- Catholics in Red China, Vatican over State?
- Pope Benedict XVI Denounces Culture of Death
- Comic Strip of the Day
- 846 A.D.: Muslims Sack Rome
- President Ahmadinejad: "Islam Will Rule World"
- New Christian Political Party
- Carthusian Monk Film a Huge Hit
- Blonde Joke
- Catholic On Catholic Bigotry
- Pope Restates Opposition to Abortion
- Oriana Fallaci, Cultural Warrioress
- Blog Spotlight: + + relapsed catholic + +
- Truth Versus Moral Relativism
- Can Europe Be Saved?
- Signs of Growth
- APA Hides Homosexual Psychiatric Tendencies Evidence
- Meme'ed... again!
- GAVISVS NOVVS ANNVS
- ▼ January (65)
Books I Recommend
- The Imitation of Christ by Thomas À Kempis
- Without Roots: The West, Relativism, Christianity, Islam by Pope Benedict XVI & Marcello Pera; Forward by George Weigel, Translated by Michael F. Moore
- Triumph - The Power and the Glory of the Catholic Church, a 2000 Year History by H.W. Crocker, III
- Witness To Hope, The Biography of Pope John Paul II by George Weigel
- Uncommon Faith by John F. Coverdale
- Holy Bible
- A History of Christendom Vols. 1, 2, & 4 by Warren H. Carroll
- Understanding Medjugorje: Heavenly Visions or Religious Illusion? by Donal Anthony Foley
- The Courage to be Catholic by George Weigel
- God's Choice by George Weigel
- Clash of Civilizations by Samuel P. Huntington
- Fr. Tim Finigan
- Richard Collins
- Pro Ecclesia by Jay Anderson
- Father Philip Neri Powell, OP
- Jennifer Fulwiler
- Thomas Peters
- Acts of the Apostasy
- DarwinCatholic - ΙΧΘΥƩ
- Thoughts of a Regular Guy
- A Catholic Mom in Hawaii
- The Curt Jester by Jeff Miller
- The New Liturgical Movement
- Catholic World Report
- Monsignor Charles Pope
- Creative Minority Report
- Mark Shea
- Catholic Blog Directory
- Stand Up and Speak Out
- L.A. Catholic
- Quotes for You
- WI Catholic Musings
- Man with Black Hat
- A Catholic Life
- Adriennes Catholic Corner
- Reflections of a Paralytic
- The Crescat
- Jean Heimann's Catholic Fire
- Dale Price
Catholic Media Links
- Catechism of the Cthlc Church
- Catholics Come Home
- The Holy See - The Vatican
- Courage, SSA apostolate
- St. Paul Cntr: Biblical Theology
- Compendium of the C.C.C.
- Catholic Store Finder
- Institute of Christ the King
- Latin Mass Tutorial
- Musica Sacra
- Clear Creek Monastery
- Nat'l Black Catholic Congress
- Catholic Answers
- Canon Law with Dr. Ed Peters
- Catholic Desktops
- Pope Benedict XVI Fan Club
- Opus Dei
- The Saint Joseph Foundation