as i stated before (and i notice you haven't shown it) this 4th degree knight feels that you folks need 2 things: a - a life, and b - a sense of humor. i'll go on supporting our priests who support us and don't prey on our children. and yes, i'm a daddy, too!
Me thinks you don't understand the truth.
A priest blessing, for whatever his reasons, was his sincere way of reaching out to those of worldly values.
I doubt Msgr. did this as a joke.
As for your 'prey' comments concerning priests, we to are disgusted by their hedonistic and homosexual lifestyles. People like Msgr. promote vile and distasteful lifestyles that gives the image of condoning such behavior.
By the way, what does being a daddy have to do with Hooters?
Do you know this Priest? Because I do and he is one of the most God Fearing persons that I have EVER met. He is kind, loving, open=minded (this sometimes gets him in situations like this, from narrow minded folks) I am surely NOT going to cast the first stone at Father Isidore as I know that I am NOT without sin myself. HOWEVER!!! I have to ask the good hearted people that call themselves Christians if they would cross the road to help a whore if she was in danger? Father Isidore would have. So, I am thinking that Blessing a Building and the patrons and employees in prayer that they continue to be safe, healthy and prosporus is really NOT a sin. WHAT IS ALL THE FUSS about? You just wanting attention? Father Isidore wasn't out trying to stir up trouble or trying to grab the attention of the media or anyone else. He was just being what I would hope that any good christian would be, He was being kind. Do you need the meaning of that word? Why are you being so vicious to him? Is that the ways of the christian that you are? I am not even a catholic and I can see what he was doing in his heart. He was being kind.
I wish that before you cast that first stone that you would have taken a good long look at Father Isidore and of his parishioners past and present and asked them what THEY think of him. Then you would know that YOU have made a fool out of yourself. I am ashamed too. Ashamed that when a person tries to do some good, he is chastised for it. The SHAME IS ON YOU SIR! Leave the man alone and look in the mirror before you call someone else a sinner...before you cast that first stone!
I agree with you Anonymous and the others that support Father Isidore Rozycki and the other Priest of the world. I have children and brothers and sisters, a mother and Father and the most wonderful brother-in-law that a person could have and I personally and VERY PROUD of him.I would take them all to SHooters because we aren't going there to gaze at the girls. We go there to eat, unlike you apparently. My name is DEBORAH ROZYCKI and I do know Father Isidore Rozycki, I do know that he would not have "Cast the first stone" at anyone for anything that they did. HE BLESSED the bldg, the patrons and the employees for safety, prosperity and good health. I am sorry, but that just doesn't sound sinful to me.And YES! He would have invited my husband (his brother) and me to eat with him at hooters if the food is good. You see, the sin is not what he did. The sin, I would think, would be in the way the filthy minded people take it!!!!
Do you take your children to a public pool? Have you seen girls in swimsuits? Do you consider it a sin that you were there where the swimmers were? Grow-up! Get a life and take note....he doesn't tell you what to do in your religious beliefs. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any coments
I am between a rock and a hard place on this one; as a practicing Catholic who has never been to Hooters, I can understand why my Catholic brethren would object to the blessing of a center of objectification of, and lust for, the fairer sex.
On the other side, he may have done what he did in hope that the establishment and those within it will come to Our Lord in the Eucharist, and that the Hooters girls will seek to imitate Our Blessed Mother rather than a Cosmo cover girl.
Anon & Deborah,
Open=minded meaning he condones sexual license.
Adolph Hitler was a nice guy to his friends and family.
I am not without sin, but when a priest does a public act such as he did, a public redoubt is in order.
I would cross the bridge to help a whore, but I wouldn’t be her pimp such as Fr. Isidore has done.
Remember this quote in the Gospel of St. Matthew:
“…but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened round his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.”
Get my CVSTOS FIDEI blog posts feed
Personal News Links
Houston Catholic Schools
Houston Catholic Links
- Mass Times for Galveston-Houston
- Knights of Columbus of Texas
- Archdiocese Office of Vocations
- Veritas Catholic Books & Gifts
- Life Advocates
- Pope John Paul II FORUM
- Opus Dei - Chaucer Center
- Fullnes of Truth
- Paradisus Dei
- Galveston-Houston Archdiocese
- Houston Coalition for Life
- Catholic Counseling & Psychotherapy
- Fidelis Graphics
Houston Catholic Blogs
Houston Secular Links
Catholic News Aggregators
Catholic Online Bibles
Anglican Ordinariate Blogs
- ► 2011 (17)
- ► 2010 (89)
- ► 2009 (100)
- ► 2008 (258)
- ► 2007 (348)
- Latin Mass, The Comeback
- Cardinal: Europe On Its Deathbed
- Culture of Life Victory: Alito Confirmed
- Rugova Converted to Catholicism
- 2006 Catholic Blog Nominations Now Underway
- New Hampshire Targets Confessional
- Pope U.S. Visit in 2007!
- Conde Update for 1-30-06 A.D.
- Prelude to Clash
- Shake Up in Anti-Christ Poll
- Hamas, Islamic Resistance Movement
- Hitler's Muslim
- Hollywood Doesn't Get It
- Cartoon of the Day 1-29-06 A.D.
- Blogroll Round Up 1-27-06 A.D.
- Christian Love
- Houston 1836
- Catholic Priest Blesses Hooters
- Joke of the Day: Cowboy Up!
- Religion Flourishes Worldwide
- No Communion for Cohabiting Couples
- Catholicism and the Modern Age
- NBC Cancels "The Book of Daniel"
- Winning the Culture Wars... ...Not So Fast
- France Awakens?
- March For Life No Show
- Congratulations Canada!
- CVSTOS FIDEI Update
- New York City the Capital of the Culture of Death
- Thought Police in Europe
- Pope Soda Pop: Orangina
- American Idiot
- Thought of the Day: Pro-Choice Catholics
- Praised be Jesus Christ, our Crucified and Risen L...
- Europe May Force Priests To Marry Homosexuals
- Scott Adams on the Haj Stampede
- No, Not French Benefits, Nobody Benefits From Bein...
- Pope Assails Legal Status of Non-Marital Unions
- Pro-Life Ads Defaced In San Francisco
- Thought of the Day: Romanian Roman Catholics
- Lourdes reports its 53,655th Stampede-Free Day
- University of Wisconsin Bans Bible Study
- Pope Meets With Beslan Children
- Planned Parenthood Mocks Catholics
- Death of Europe
- Consumer Sex
- Catholic Campus Ministry Association Conference in...
- Catholics in Red China, Vatican over State?
- Pope Benedict XVI Denounces Culture of Death
- Comic Strip of the Day
- 846 A.D.: Muslims Sack Rome
- President Ahmadinejad: "Islam Will Rule World"
- New Christian Political Party
- Carthusian Monk Film a Huge Hit
- Blonde Joke
- Catholic On Catholic Bigotry
- Pope Restates Opposition to Abortion
- Oriana Fallaci, Cultural Warrioress
- Blog Spotlight: + + relapsed catholic + +
- Truth Versus Moral Relativism
- Can Europe Be Saved?
- Signs of Growth
- APA Hides Homosexual Psychiatric Tendencies Eviden...
- Meme'ed... again!
- GAVISVS NOVVS ANNVS
- ▼ January (65)
Books I Recommend
- The Imitation of Christ by Thomas À Kempis
- Without Roots: The West, Relativism, Christianity, Islam by Pope Benedict XVI & Marcello Pera; Forward by George Weigel, Translated by Michael F. Moore
- Triumph - The Power and the Glory of the Catholic Church, a 2000 Year History by H.W. Crocker, III
- Witness To Hope, The Biography of Pope John Paul II by George Weigel
- Uncommon Faith by John F. Coverdale
- Holy Bible
- A History of Christendom Vols. 1, 2, & 4 by Warren H. Carroll
- Understanding Medjugorje: Heavenly Visions or Religious Illusion? by Donal Anthony Foley
- The Courage to be Catholic by George Weigel
- God's Choice by George Weigel
- Clash of Civilizations by Samuel P. Huntington
- Fr. Tim Finigan
- Richard Collins
- Pro Ecclesia by Jay Anderson
- Father Philip Neri Powell, OP
- Jennifer Fulwiler
- Thomas Peters
- Acts of the Apostasy
- DarwinCatholic - ΙΧΘΥƩ
- Thoughts of a Regular Guy
- A Catholic Mom in Hawaii
- The Curt Jester by Jeff Miller
- The New Liturgical Movement
- Catholic World Report
- Monsignor Charles Pope
- Creative Minority Report
- Mark Shea
- Catholic Blog Directory
- Stand Up and Speak Out
- L.A. Catholic
- Quotes for You
- WI Catholic Musings
- Man with Black Hat
- A Catholic Life
- Adriennes Catholic Corner
- Reflections of a Paralytic
- The Crescat
- Jean Heimann's Catholic Fire
- Dale Price
Catholic Media Links
- Catechism of the Cthlc Church
- Catholics Come Home
- The Holy See - The Vatican
- Courage, SSA apostolate
- St. Paul Cntr: Biblical Theology
- Compendium of the C.C.C.
- Catholic Store Finder
- Institute of Christ the King
- Latin Mass Tutorial
- Musica Sacra
- Clear Creek Monastery
- Nat'l Black Catholic Congress
- Catholic Answers
- Canon Law with Dr. Ed Peters
- Catholic Desktops
- Pope Benedict XVI Fan Club
- Opus Dei
- The Saint Joseph Foundation