Saturday, February 4, 2006
Christian Methods vs. Muslim Methods
NBC cancelled its Will & Grace episode that blasphemes our Lord Savior Jesus Christ, responding to pressure from Christian groups. Pressure in the form of civilized pressure. A Danish newspaper apologized for an "offensive" caricature of Islam's founder Mohammad, responding to violent demonstrations, threats of death, the burning of the Danish embassy, and other forms of violence. Christianity, in its first 300 years, was banned and its adherents persecuted. Yet through the blood of martyrs, the message of Jesus 'love for one another' spread despite these evils. Islam, it its first 300 years, conquered Christian, Jewish, and pagan nations by the sword. Forcibly converted those by threat of death. Those that didn't convert either had their heads cut off, were sold off into slavery, or had to pay a 'jizya' tax (in other words, protection money) to be allowed to practice their faith or non-Muslim religions. Christianity spread by the word. Islam spread by the sword. Which method represents the religion of peace? Then Jesus said to him, "Put your sword back into its sheath, for all who take the sword will perish by the sword. -- Matthew 26:52 A warning to Christians from Jesus regarding Mohammad: "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thorns, or figs from thistles? So, every sound tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears evil fruit. A sound tree cannot bear evil fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus you will know them by their fruits. Not every one who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father Who is in heaven. On that day many will say to Me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your Name, and cast out demons in Your Name, and do many mighty works in Your Name?' And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you evildoers.'" -- Matthew 7:15-23 "For false Christs and false prophets will arise and show great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect." -- Matthew 24:24
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Get my CVSTOS FIDEI blog posts feed
Personal News Links
Frequently Used Links
Houston Catholic Schools
Houston Catholic Links
- Mass Times for Galveston-Houston
- Knights of Columbus of Texas
- Archdiocese Office of Vocations
- Veritas Catholic Books & Gifts
- Life Advocates
- Pope John Paul II FORUM
- Opus Dei - Chaucer Center
- Fullnes of Truth
- Paradisus Dei
- Galveston-Houston Archdiocese
- Houston Coalition for Life
- Catholic Counseling & Psychotherapy
- Fidelis Graphics
Houston Catholic Blogs
Houston Secular Links
Catholic News Aggregators
Catholic Online Bibles
Singles & Young Adults
Anglican Ordinariate Blogs
- ► 2011 (17)
- ► 2010 (89)
- ► 2009 (100)
- ► 2008 (258)
- ► 2007 (348)
- New Archbishop of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Hou...
- Life Begins at Moment of Conception
- Pic of the Day
- ESPN = The Explicit and Sexually Perverted Network
- Catechism Quote of the Day
- G.K. Chesterton Quote of the Day
- How Catholicism Led to Freedom, Capitalism, and We...
- Vatican Asks Muslims To Practice What You Preach
- Yahoo.com PC Police
- Catholicism and China
- ACLU Targets Ave Marie Town
- Pope Encourages Study of Latin
- EU Recognizes Missionary Slaying in Turkey
- Pro-Choice Fear of Engagement
- Mitt Romney Forces Catholic Church to Permit Homos...
- Amazon.com Top-10 Catholic Booksellers
- France: No to Homosexual Marriage
- Swedens Big Lie
- Houston Young Adult Ministry
- Joke of the Day
- Pope Quote of the Day
- Europes Next Move on Islam
- My Hope For a Cardinal: Fr. McCloskey
- Is the W.C.C. Still Relevant?
- Hollywood Vile in David E. Kelley
- Nicolas Sarkozy... Savior of France?
- Modern Day Christian Persecution
- Support Denmark Pic
- European Union Has No Values
- Cartoon of the Day
- Europes Demographic Implosion
- Protestants Decline Due to Abortion
- Pro-Choice Restraint?
- Liturgical Abuse Crackdown
- Pic of the Day
- Mock the Casbah
- Multiculturist Claptrap
- Turkish Muslims Strike Again
- Turkey: Anti-Christian Bigotry
- Media Hypocrites
- Cartoon of the Day
- Cartoon of the Day
- Pic of the Day
- Quote of the Day
- Priest Murdered in Turkey by Religion of Peace
- Betty Friedan’s Legacy
- CVSTOS FIDEI Update
- 'Religon of Peace' Kills Christians
- Justice Ginsburg's Anti-Catholic Bigotry
- Get Your 2006 Muslim Riot T-shirts Here!
- Tridentine Mass Update
- Religion of Peace Diagram
- Christian Methods vs. Muslim Methods
- Why Islam Has A Problem
- Quote Comparisons 2-3-06 A.D.
- Quote Of The Day 2-2-06 A.D.
- Pic Of The Day 2-2-06 A.D.
- What's Wrong With Islam?
- Christian Faith Strengthened By Blood of Martyrs
- San Francisco Court Strikes Down Partial Abortion Ban
- Conde and Bible Update 2-1-06 A.D.
- ▼ February (62)
Books I Recommend
- The Imitation of Christ by Thomas À Kempis
- Without Roots: The West, Relativism, Christianity, Islam by Pope Benedict XVI & Marcello Pera; Forward by George Weigel, Translated by Michael F. Moore
- Triumph - The Power and the Glory of the Catholic Church, a 2000 Year History by H.W. Crocker, III
- Witness To Hope, The Biography of Pope John Paul II by George Weigel
- Uncommon Faith by John F. Coverdale
- Holy Bible
- A History of Christendom Vols. 1, 2, & 4 by Warren H. Carroll
- Understanding Medjugorje: Heavenly Visions or Religious Illusion? by Donal Anthony Foley
- The Courage to be Catholic by George Weigel
- God's Choice by George Weigel
- Clash of Civilizations by Samuel P. Huntington
- Fr. Tim Finigan
- Richard Collins
- Pro Ecclesia by Jay Anderson
- Father Philip Neri Powell, OP
- Jennifer Fulwiler
- Thomas Peters
- Acts of the Apostasy
- DarwinCatholic - ΙΧΘΥƩ
- Thoughts of a Regular Guy
- A Catholic Mom in Hawaii
- The Curt Jester by Jeff Miller
- The New Liturgical Movement
- Catholic World Report
- Monsignor Charles Pope
- Creative Minority Report
- Mark Shea
- Catholic Blog Directory
- Stand Up and Speak Out
- L.A. Catholic
- Quotes for You
- WI Catholic Musings
- Man with Black Hat
- A Catholic Life
- Adriennes Catholic Corner
- Reflections of a Paralytic
- The Crescat
- Jean Heimann's Catholic Fire
- Dale Price
A highly modified template. Powered by Blogger.
Catholic TV Links
Catholic Radio Links
Catholic Media Links
- Catechism of the Cthlc Church
- Catholics Come Home
- The Holy See - The Vatican
- Courage, SSA apostolate
- St. Paul Cntr: Biblical Theology
- Compendium of the C.C.C.
- Catholic Store Finder
- Institute of Christ the King
- Latin Mass Tutorial
- Musica Sacra
- Clear Creek Monastery
- Nat'l Black Catholic Congress
- Catholic Answers
- Canon Law with Dr. Ed Peters
- Catholic Desktops
- Pope Benedict XVI Fan Club
- Opus Dei
- The Saint Joseph Foundation
May I humbly remind you of the following words that Pope Leo X had to say to King Manuel of Portugal in 1515 : "Receive this warlike sword in your always victorious and warlike hands. With this you will wage wars under the most happy auspices you will subject the enemies of the Faith, as you have done up to now […] [May] you use your force, strength, and power against the fury of the infidels may you consecrate, not only your most religious spirit, but also the kingdom itself, and the forces of the kingdom, to the giver of them, to God the best and the greatest, so that having received through this gift the help of heaven in battles, you may bring back abundant spoils and most famous triumphs." It was only in 1963 in the encyclical 'Pacem in Terris' that Pope John XXVIII appropriated the European doctrine of Human Rights and asserted that intrinsic dignity of every human person. "... All States are by nature equal in dignity; each has the right to exist and develop in its own way. Each is entitled to respect..."
Far left apologists like yourself like to quote centuries old dogmas or acts.
The point of the blog is that Islam still does it today.
When was the last time a Christian held up a sword for the Faith?
Hmmmmm, 400 years ago!
Hey, when Christmas comes around remind me to purchase a prayer mat for you.
Thanks for boxing me into the "far left apologist" category. This reminds me of another far left apologist who lived hmmmmm, 2000 years ago! The one who hung out with the tax collectors and the prostitutes.
And I must humbly disagree with you again. You did say that "Christianity spread by the word" in your post. I just wanted to point out that this was not always the case.
And then someday you will realize that you just cannot put people into "boxes" and label them with "tags". That will be a more meaningful Christmas gift...
Conde, just ban the anon comments.
The Catholic church has been standing up for people long before 1963.
I like constructive comments. What I don't like are antagonistic comments like 'anti-anonymous' posted. He/she weren't so kind.
The holy dude who was a far left apologist wouldn't be too happy about the pro-choice crowd.
I meant to say the first 300 years Christianity spread by the word.
No offense intended, just sarcastic humor was meant by my comments.
Thanks for posting though, always good to be set straight. I sometimes can fly off the handle, but with love!